Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

BMR alternator bracket & procharger

Search this Thread

Old 12-18-2007, 08:04 AM
10 Second Club

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default BMR alternator bracket & procharger

I tried this in the FI section and nobody seems to know. I guess it's more of a drag race item anyway, so I'll try here.
Does anybody know if the BMR alternator bracket for use with no acceseries will work with the procharger bracket? I'm putting on an electric water pump and deleted the hvac and power steering so this BMR bracket would be great but I'm not sure if I can get it to work with the procharger bracket. Anyone know?
Old 01-02-2008, 12:47 PM
10 Second Club

Anybody try this or will I be the first?
Old 01-02-2008, 01:32 PM
7 Second Club

i dont think it will work.... becaue the alternator bracket has slots in it so you can put tension on the belt.... that procharger bracket needs to be VERY rigid.... i would suggest keeping the tensioner on it... thats what i did with my prochager set up that had EWP and power steering delete and AC!... you will have to take one of the hex bolts and machine it down round and slide another pulley over it to keep it from hitting hex stand off....

if i were to do it again i'd try running the alt. off the driveshaft like old hot rod type cars used to do with a tiny alt.
Old 01-02-2008, 01:36 PM
kp
8 Second Club

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Since half the procharger bracket IS the stock alternator and bracket I would say no. I'm sure you can make a bracket to use a small alternator belt but making the alternator adjustable probably isnt feasible since the aternator itself gives some support to the whole mess, going to have to make an adjustable tensioner pulley I would say.

If you are using a race EWP you have little choice but to make something, I used the street pump and the stock tensioner. I have power steering but I did put a manual rack on the car a while back and had to make a little pulley for the alternator when I eliminated the PS pump. I ended up putting the power steering back on but this worked fine without the PS pump and a street EWP.

Last edited by kp; 12-14-2008 at 01:21 AM.
Old 01-02-2008, 05:28 PM
7 Second Club

that looks like my old setup also...
Old 01-02-2008, 05:28 PM
7 Second Club

he just put a picture up of what i did instead of describing it... lol
Old 01-03-2008, 09:04 AM
10 Second Club

I think I'm going to try and make it work. Two of the mounting points would still be the same, I would just need to make the right size spacers. Then for the third one on the pulley, I would have to weld a mount to the block because that pulley will now be gone. Heres how it mounts without the procharger bracket:

I can still use the two main mounting locations, it's just that third that will be tricky.
I think it can be done.
Old 01-03-2008, 11:52 AM
FormerVendor

I made one with a stock upper tensioner on Bob,s car (its on our website under project cars) I made a plate that bolted to the pan then welded on a boss pretty simple. We only have a 4 rib on it and it works perfect.

Brent

Quick Reply: BMR alternator bracket & procharger