Drag Racing Tech
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

12 bolt people, I have a few Qs....

Search this Thread

Old 06-30-2003, 05:11 PM
TECH Junkie

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Default 12 bolt people, I have a few Qs....

I am in the middle of installing my 12 bolt, and tried wire-tying the factory brake lines to the housing, and it looked like crap. What did you do? I bought some 3/16" brake lines, installed the correct fittings and bent it so it more closely followed the curves and contours of the housing, then wire-tied it to the housing. Does this sound OK? Do you have any pics of yours or other ideas?

What did you do with the bracket that connected the brake lines on the rearend to the rubber brake lines that go to the body? I am thinking of mounting it where the vent tube goes, anywhere else?

What did you do with your brackets that the emergency cable mounts to (Kinda goes where the LCA mounts to the housing) With my relocation brackets, this bracket will no longer fit over the housing, how did you attach your emergency cables?

Any pics of completed 12 bolt installs would be helpful. Thanks, Shawn
Old 07-03-2003, 03:50 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Default Re: 12 bolt people, I have a few Qs....

What did you do with your brackets that the emergency cable mounts to (Kinda goes where the LCA mounts to the housing) With my relocation brackets, this bracket will no longer fit over the housing, how did you attach your emergency cables?

Any pics of completed 12 bolt installs would be helpful. Thanks, Shawn

Good question I was going to order a set of relo brackets for my 12-bolt and will need to battle this same issue.

Back TTT.
Old 07-03-2003, 08:14 PM
Coal Mining Director

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Default Re: 12 bolt people, I have a few Qs....

I used 1/2 inch wide black platic ties to tie the brake cables to the axle housing...looks good... Didn't have relocation brackets so I remount the brackets like the 10 bolt after drilling a hole. Also drilled a hole on top and tapped it for the brake y block for the rubber hoses.