Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Wheel offset after minitub?

Search this Thread

Old 01-03-2008, 08:59 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Default Wheel offset after minitub?

I was wondering what wheel offset is after you minitubing the car. On a 15x10in rim your should have a 7.5in back spaceing correct? So what rim offset should u have after it is done are you able to move the rim in one in? thats what i have been told. So u would need one 6.5in? Any input would be nice.
Old 01-03-2008, 09:51 PM
TECH Apprentice

Originally Posted by White98Z
I was wondering what wheel offset is after you minitubing the car. On a 15x10in rim your should have a 7.5in back spaceing correct? So what rim offset should u have after it is done are you able to move the rim in one in? thats what i have been told. So u would need one 6.5in? Any input would be nice.
From what I have read on here, a 7.5" offset is good for stock wheel wells, while alot of people are cutting the rear ends 3" per side and going with a 5" backspace for a mini-tubbing. Using that theory, take out the 3" of rear end cutting, and you are left with an 8" offset on a stock width rear once mini-tubbed.

Last edited by BadBoo79; 01-03-2008 at 10:46 PM.
Old 01-04-2008, 09:26 AM
LS1TECH Sponsor

Without shortening th rear add to the offset you have to tuck the tire.
Old 01-04-2008, 09:30 AM
On The Tree

Originally Posted by BadBoo79
From what I have read on here, a 7.5" offset is good for stock wheel wells, while alot of people are cutting the rear ends 3" per side and going with a 5" backspace for a mini-tubbing. Using that theory, take out the 3" of rear end cutting, and you are left with an 8" offset on a stock width rear once mini-tubbed.
That is what I did. Narrowed 3" per side,15x10 weld pro stars w/5" bs.I also used the wolfe spring perch kit,so if you want to retain the factory springs i'm not shure what settup would be needed.
Old 01-04-2008, 03:51 PM
TECH Addict

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

If you have a stock width rear end and want to move the tire in 1" you have to go with more offset, like 8.5" on a 15x10.

It is hard to find these high offsets in those sizes, so people narrow the rear end about 2-3" on average.

Best way is to buy the rims and tires you want say you like the way a 15x10 with 4" back space looks, so you buy those get the tires mounted on the rims, then stick the tires under the car lower the car to the ride hight it will be at, center the tire so it clears everything, I would try to have equal clearance on the inside and outside so if you ever run a bigger tire it won't be as much of a problem.

Then once you have it where it fits good measure between the rims and you know how wide you need the rear end.