Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

S&W suspension

Search this Thread

Old 01-12-2008, 06:29 PM
10 Second Club

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Default S&W suspension

im lookin into a new set up for this year and was worndering if anyone has used the S&w rear set up for f-bodys..
Old 01-12-2008, 06:32 PM
'Bird Director

Location: Central Indiana Honors: 4th grade spelling bee contestant
Received 24 Likes on 16 Posts

Originally Posted by jason02Z
im lookin into a new set up for this year and was worndering if anyone has used the S&w rear set up for f-bodys..
I've got their cage, but several Stock and Super Stock drag racers use their suspension pieces.
Old 01-12-2008, 06:37 PM
TECH Addict

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I like how the subframe setup integrates the TA mount, but looking at there torque arm it doesn't seem to have the ability to raise or lower the location in the front which would be a big disadvantage.

Contact Madman he makes a nice really nice adjustable torque arm and suspension stuff, part quality is important, so is adjustability, but if you have no one to tell you how to set it up or don't know how yourself it won't do you much good and from what I see he offers great tech support.
Old 01-12-2008, 06:54 PM
10 Second Club

yeh i was told that super stocks fun that set up and seem to work fine.. one of my friends suggested s&w bescause of how good it work for suer stocks. like the mad man set up nd read a lot about them. a il bit of money but u get what u pay for. im just looking to get 1.50's or lower 60' for mid ten's nothing to extream everythings stock so far. thanks for the info
Old 01-12-2008, 07:30 PM
TECH Addict

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

You can always try it and if you don't like it you can always spend more money
Old 01-12-2008, 08:55 PM
On The Tree

s&w is good stuff!! i like the sfc alot myself. ive seen what type of hell they go thru. good products!
Old 01-12-2008, 10:30 PM
12 Second Club

I have there set up . I have not been to the track yet thought . I ran it on the street then i changed it around alot . First the cross member for the TA it has no hump in it for the exhast pipe and the drive shaft loop won't work with the stock or pacesetters y-pipe . The TA worked good with the stock rear only hit 1 spot on the floor that I had to just beat in a little. When I put 9-inch in it hit bad so I made new crossmember and used a bmr extreme and it has the hump and has a poly mount made it bolt in just like the s&w . Next I made a new TA and rear mount I made the mount so I could move it over 1 inch to the pass side to clear tunnel I also put 2 sets of holes so I still have stock set. I made Ta and have double adjusters on back and adjustable rod end on front . Panhard bar is only ajustable on one side so cut off other side and put left handed rod end on it so now it's alot easier to adjust just spin bar instead of drop one side adjust put back on repeat . If I had to do it again I would have got all BMR . Here is a link to some pics it's all I have now.........https://ls1tech.com/forums/showthrea...653&highlight=

Last edited by formula98ws6; 01-12-2008 at 10:35 PM.
Old 01-12-2008, 11:20 PM
10 Second Club

well thats for that formula.. i'll prob just got through thunder racing and wolf craft. spend money once and be happy.