Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

pinks filmed my camaro at the strip

Search this Thread

Old 01-20-2008, 04:44 PM
11 Second Club

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default pinks filmed my camaro at the strip

PINKS was at Firebird Raceway in Phoenix, Arizona this week filming 5 episodes for the 2008 season of their show called "name that test & tune" i took my camaro there on Thursday, January 17th to see what it was all about and i ran my fastest time ever. only 50 cars showed up and we all only got 1 run each due to the very cold temps. on my run the air temp was 50 degrees and the density altitude was 1000 feet above sea level. i ran a 11.45 @ 122 mph with a 1.73 sixty foot time. they put a camera inside my car and filmed me from multiple locations outside as well. they interviewed me at the starting line and a panel of 3 spectators asked me and the driver of the stock C4 corvette questions about us and our ridez. then we got in our cars and did our burnouts and proceeded to stage on a pro tree. this was the first time i had ever run on a pro tree and as soon as i staged the starter hit the lights and i got welded to the light as i hadn't even got all the way up on my converter when the track went green. so i blasted out of the hole and let it rip. the vette had about 1/3 of a second reaction time on me but by the sixty foot mark i had caught him and at the 1/4 mile mark i beat him by almost 3 seconds. at the finish line they opened the hood of my car and filmed some more. they did it again on Friday but i did not go back as i went to the Barrett-Jackson that day instead. i hope that when they decide to make their final film cuts that i make the show. if so i will be sure to let you guys know. below here i have included a time slip from my run that Rich Christainsen gave me in the tower after my run. i don't have any pix from that day so i have included a few here of my camaro at my local dragstrip here in Tucson, Arizona from last year

Last edited by FAST FREDDY; 01-20-2008 at 05:03 PM.
Old 01-20-2008, 05:05 PM
TECH Fanatic

Thats cool can't wait to see it
Old 01-20-2008, 05:27 PM
11 Second Club

Originally Posted by TOSTO RACING
Thats cool can't wait to see it
the pinks show where you are racing your brother is my favorite episode. it has so much of everything that its just got it all
Old 01-20-2008, 06:23 PM
kp
8 Second Club

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

The new name of that show will now be 'past time' or 'passed time' I think. Pretty cool you got on, saw the pilots from Great Lakes and it looks like a fun show.
Old 01-20-2008, 06:30 PM
11 Second Club

Originally Posted by kp
The new name of that show will now be 'past time' or 'passed time' I think. Pretty cool you got on, saw the pilots from Great Lakes and it looks like a fun show.
thats what i kept hearing in the staging lanes is that the name of the show will change.
Old 01-20-2008, 06:47 PM
TECH Fanatic

OMG?!?!?! they are actually putting that stupid ****** show on the air?
i know i shouldn't be surprised, i mean these are the same people that think you need 9 different nascrap news shows everyday, year round.
i hope someday that eitehr that clown station or some other network gets back to showing racing, you know, cars actually competing against each other. they are the MTV of the automotive world at this point.
Old 01-20-2008, 06:53 PM
kp
8 Second Club

Originally Posted by NJSPDER
OMG?!?!?! they are actually putting that stupid ****** show on the air?
i know i shouldn't be surprised, i mean these are the same people that think you need 9 different nascrap news shows everyday, year round.
i hope someday that eitehr that clown station or some other network gets back to showing racing, you know, cars actually competing against each other. they are the MTV of the automotive world at this point.
People dont want to watch real drag racing on TV, sad as it is, drag racing is way more fun to do than it is to watch.

Except for top fuel cars maybe..
Old 01-20-2008, 08:22 PM
11 Second Club

TV is what seperates the Professionals from the amateurs......
Old 01-20-2008, 11:10 PM
TECH Fanatic

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by kp
People dont want to watch real drag racing on TV, sad as it is, drag racing is way more fun to do than it is to watch.

Except for top fuel cars maybe..
I agree with the more fun to do than watch comment, but man I'm sick of watching pro mods, funny cars, and top fuel. I wish they showed more real man weekend warrior type racing on tv.

Also, I saw the test shows they ran for this a few months ago and I was thoroughly entertained. Except for the host they had. He was obnoxious. Wasn't it Hawk from the old American Gladiators?
Old 01-22-2008, 09:24 AM
11 Second Club

Originally Posted by TORK?
I agree with the more fun to do than watch comment, but man I'm sick of watching pro mods, funny cars, and top fuel. I wish they showed more real man weekend warrior type racing on tv.

Gives the average joe turning wrenches on his own race car/street car, that isn't backed by millions of dollars from corporate sponsors, the chance to race on TV. I like the shows concept and I give my $.02 on every cars E.T..
Old 01-22-2008, 10:35 AM
TECH Enthusiast

Originally Posted by FAST FREDDY
the pinks show where you are racing your brother is my favorite episode. it has so much of everything that its just got it all
I agree! Best Pinks ever!
Old 02-21-2008, 10:42 PM
11 Second Club

ok, so i have been watching the speed channel and the last 2 nights the speed channel has been airing this new show from pinks called "pass time". this is the new show for 2008 that was called "name that test-n-tune" in 2007. this is the show i was filmed for here in arizona last month. i see that the 2 episodes that they have aired so far were filmed in Bradenton, Florida. does anybody know what month or date these races were filmed? for some reason i think these episodes were filmed in december of 2007?? can anybody confirm this???
Old 02-21-2008, 11:17 PM
TECH Resident

Watching a bunch of 10-12 second cars on TV would be like watching grass grow LOL
Old 02-21-2008, 11:26 PM
11 Second Club

Originally Posted by slowredz
Watching a bunch of 10-12 second cars on TV would be like watching grass grow LOL
personally i would much rather watch a bunch of 10-12 second cars on TV than nascar anytime
Old 02-22-2008, 01:02 AM
TECH Addict

Received 5 Likes on 4 Posts

Originally Posted by slowredz
and watching your car on tv would be watching oprah
Old 02-22-2008, 10:05 AM
10 Second Club

I think it is kinda a fun game show. I watch it every night while eating dinner. I don't know why people are bashing the show. It is different and I enjoy watching it.
Old 02-22-2008, 09:11 PM
7 Second Club

I like it, as mentioned it gives the little guy airtime which IMHO there's nothing wrong with. It's now called "Pass Time" and I think Bradenton was filmed in December.

Derek
Old 02-23-2008, 10:34 AM
11 Second Club

Originally Posted by Villain281H
I like it, as mentioned it gives the little guy airtime which IMHO there's nothing wrong with. It's now called "Pass Time" and I think Bradenton was filmed in December.

Derek
Derek thats what i heard on another site too. so i think the arizona shows will air next month then.
Old 02-23-2008, 06:30 PM
TECH Regular

Very cool, can't wait to see. We need to get them to NYSI.
Old 03-11-2008, 08:44 PM
11 Second Club

i recorded the show tonight. i just got to transfer it to dvd and upload it to my computer and post it on youtube