Drag Racing Tech
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

trans brake/2 step ?

Old 01-23-2008, 01:26 PM
10 Second Club

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Default trans brake/2 step ?

Sorry if this is a stupid question but I am new to these. I am unsure how to wire the switch up. I5t seems simple enough but that is usually were I screw something up. I have a trans brake switch with a red and black wire, a red wire coming from the tranny, and a yellow 2 step wire coming from the BS3. Can anyone tell me what wires connect to what?

Thanks!
Old 01-23-2008, 05:38 PM
TECH Addict

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Transbrake buttons are simply a switch, one wire goes to IGN+ or gets constant 12V+ from a toggle switch and the other goes to the device you're turning on.

It's good to run a relay to keep a lot of current from going through the switch, since a switch maybe used to activate multiple devices, nitrous, 2step, and TB.

Run the red wire on the TB button to IGN+ or constant 12V+ from a toggle switch.

Run the black wire to the 12v+ activation turn on the relay power to the switched output.

On the relay have the switched 12v+ (is only hot when the TB button is down) run that to the wire on the transbrake solenoid and also to the yellow 2 step wire.

The TB solenoid should have 2 wires, but one is grounded.

Most relays have a 12V+ constant, 12V ground, 12V switched (turns on when the TB button is pushed), and the 12V activation wire which activates the relay when you hit the TB button and it sees 12V+.

Some people run the switches using ground, but if the wire ever grounds out it will remain hot and keep whatever is on running.
Old 01-24-2008, 08:47 AM
10 Second Club

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Thanks! That is what I thought but like I said I wanted to ask and having it confirmed brings piece of mind. Thanks again

Search this Thread