Sponsored by:

tuning the car for 100 octane

Search this Thread

Old 02-01-2008, 01:37 PM
TECH Fanatic

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Default tuning the car for 100 octane

https://ls1tech.com/forums/pcm-diagnostics-tuning-7/

I posted this in the tuning section but im not getting any help. What do you guys think? thanks Charles
Old 02-01-2008, 03:06 PM
TECH Addict

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Get it tuned to run on pump gas, buy a secondary front mounted fuel cell and pump for the nitrous kit that you run race gas in. When you're on the nitrous it'll end up being higher octane than just running 100.

Also you can tune the nitrous system and not have to spend a lot of extra money on gas, you just top off the 1 gallon cell every few passes.

Also it's another way of not having to worry about not having enough fuel system, since the dedicated pump can handle what ever shot you run, where the factory pump won't be able to hang once you start spraying a larger shot.
Old 02-01-2008, 03:17 PM
TECH Fanatic

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I've thought about that. I have a nice empty spot where my battery used to be to put my feul cell. I was just wondering if it would make any more power na for my setup to tune it for the 100 octane... thanks for the reply.
Old 02-01-2008, 03:21 PM
TECH Addict

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Running higher octane would let you run more aggressive timing in the car, it should make more power, would it be worth it in the long run when you pay the extra money to add gas to it? That would be up to you. I wouldn't personal do it myself.