Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

setting up rear end 98 T/A 9" bmr

Search this Thread

Old 02-07-2008, 07:53 AM
TECH Regular

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Default setting up rear end 98 T/A 9" bmr

sup yalls. last year i was trapping 109+ but couldnt pull anything better then a 13.38 with a 2.67 60ft. horrible i know. the car refuses to hook so i've taken it upon myself to fix this. i got a 9" fabbed up. ill get some pics put up tonight. it's drilled for 4 positions for the lower control arms. shock mounts pulled in a lil bit and it's narrowed about 1.5 inch's on each side.

heres what i've got so far.
sphoon adjustable torque arm with crossmember mount
bmr adjustable lower control arms with poly-heim ends
bmr adjustable panhard bar
hotchkis sub frame connectors. weld in

and im planning on getting the panhard bar relocation bracket.

on my 81 malibu i set my pinion angle at -3*

is that about where it should be set at on the trans am? what length do you have your panhard bar set at and lower cotrol arm length @ what angle?

i have to get this car to hook. especially with the new motor, turbo, TNT F2 kit, stall and of course the rear end. any help is greatly appreciated. if i missed something let me know and ill get on here with the info asap.

previous setup 85mm intake/TB, long tubes, no cats, air lid, tbyrne 78mm MAF ends, vig 3200 stall, bmr LCA relocation brackets, hotchkis solid lower control arms

thanks again in advance

- Scottie

Last edited by scottie dont; 02-07-2008 at 07:55 AM. Reason: adding pics
Old 02-07-2008, 09:07 AM
10 Second Club

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I think taking weight off the front and getting adjustable shocks helped as much as all of the other suspension parts I have. See my sig pic below? That's leaving off the t-brake with a 5200 rpm stall. Front shocks were set on 2, rear shocks on 10. LCA's on lowest relocation position. Pinion angle at -2. After that launch I tightened my travel limiters and kept the nose down but still dead hooked to a 1.34 sixty foot. If you don't have them yet you should really consider some adjustable shocks.
Old 02-07-2008, 04:01 PM
TECH Addict

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I'd start with the lower control arms in the 3rd hole down from the top and the pinion angle at -2*, adjust the lower control arms so the center the tire in the wheel well and have the same wheel base.