Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

pics of your 5-point harness mounts

Search this Thread

Old 02-12-2008, 11:44 AM
10 Second Club

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Default pics of your 5-point harness mounts

how did you guys mounted your harnesses? I've got the right harness and know how i will be doing my mounting brackets, just want to see how you guys made yours work thanks
Old 02-12-2008, 03:29 PM
10 Second Club

to clarify, I will have the madman crotch strap bracket. Ill use the stock belt bolt holes and keep the stock seat belt bolted along with it. It looks like I may have to bend the brackets that come with the harness to bolt to the floor. I have tried bending the brackets and they are too thick for me to bend. I can get by with the bolt by the door, but the one by the seat buckle may have to be turned
Old 02-12-2008, 08:34 PM
Staging Lane

Originally Posted by GregWS6&z28
to clarify, I will have the madman crotch strap bracket. Ill use the stock belt bolt holes and keep the stock seat belt bolted along with it. It looks like I may have to bend the brackets that come with the harness to bolt to the floor. I have tried bending the brackets and they are too thick for me to bend. I can get by with the bolt by the door, but the one by the seat buckle may have to be turned
Um, those brackets are not to be bent!
Old 02-12-2008, 08:38 PM
10 Second Club

well thats what i thought. i think they will work fine as they are. thanks
Old 02-13-2008, 06:41 AM
TECH Apprentice

Originally Posted by GregWS6&z28
well thats what i thought. i think they will work fine as they are. thanks
For the belts to work as designed, they are supposed to mount to the floor at the width of your hips and then be set back-to-front realative to the seat such that they are sitting at a 45 degree angle to the ground. From there, the belt webbing and the end bracket should all be pulling in the same plane (no side loading the bracket!) and you should be loading the mounting bolt in shear.

If you have your belts mounted in the stock holes, you are not loading them as designed, and subsequently they will not be able to take all of their designed loading in an accident (i.e. most are rated to about 10000 or 11000 pounds of force, and as Dale Earhardt Sr. proved, if not mounted correctly they can fail under substantially less loading!).

Last edited by BadBoo79; 02-13-2008 at 09:28 AM.