Drag Racing Tech
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

writeups on removal of Front and Rear bumper supports?

Search this Thread

Old 07-15-2003, 08:44 AM
TECH Apprentice

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default writeups on removal of Front and Rear bumper supports?

i want to knock some weight off the car and have done most of the other weightloss things. But am still trying to offset the 9ins bulbous weight.Anyone know of a writeup on how to remove the front clip and rear bumper for support removal?
Old 07-15-2003, 12:32 PM
TECH Addict

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Re: writeups on removal of Front and Rear bumper supports?

There isn't really anything to put into a writeup. Just get under there and unbolt EVERYTHING. You'll know what to do once you get under there. But, here are some tips, I hope I remember right.

Unbolt air dam and all other plastic pieces under the nose. Remove wheel wells. Unbolt (or unscrew) fog lights and disconnect them. Unplug all lights in the front fascia. Disconnect the front fascia from the body. Pull it off and remove the bumper. Do the opposite to put it back on.

For the rear, move the rear most carpet out of the way, unscrew the lights. Unplug the light bulbs. Unscrew the rear side lenses and remove the lights from them (lights on side of rear fascia). Remove bolts from inside the car that hold the rear fascia on (pointing towards the front or back of the car, depending on how you look at them). Remove screws from wheel well area to the rear. Remove clips from under the car and directly under where the lights used to be. I think that is it. Just pull it off and then get something with a long extension to remove the rear bumper. Note: on my car, the rear fascia bounces around a lot. I haven't decided what I'm going to do yet, either reinstall the bumper or try to use some lightweight bracing to hold it, but it is noticeable at highway speeds.

Quick Reply: writeups on removal of Front and Rear bumper supports?