Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

UMI Relo brackets w/ BMR LCA's

Search this Thread

Old 04-07-2008, 05:56 PM
TECH Fanatic

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default UMI Relo brackets w/ BMR LCA's

Anyone using UMI Relocation brackets along with BMR Adj Poly LCA's? If so, did you use the rear LCA bolts provided by UMI and what did you torque to?

I think the UMI bolts provided are low grade and BMR calls for 80 lb-ft. That, I think, is grade 8 bolt territory. I actally the UMI bolt shear at 75 lb-ft.

For the front bolts on the LCA's, I re-used the stock bolts and I believe torqued them to 80 lb-ft. They held up, but I'm a little worried and there's no mention in my Hayne's Manual on torque spec for the stock bolt.

Any suggestions?
Old 04-07-2008, 08:14 PM
TECH Regular

i run the bolts UMI provided and they been holding of up fine for almost a year and this is with track abuse. i can see any reason not to trust what they provide.
Old 04-07-2008, 08:29 PM
TECH Fanatic

Default dddd

Originally Posted by borninatransam
i run the bolts UMI provided and they been holding of up fine for almost a year and this is with track abuse. i can see any reason not to trust what they provide.
Sure, but what did you torque them to? Of course they will hold up to UMI's torque rating (45 lbs). My issue is related to torquing them to 80 lbs as directed on BMR's instructions.
Old 04-07-2008, 10:38 PM
11 Second Club

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I'm not running LCA relocation brackets (yet), but I have 1/2"x4" Grade 8 bolts all the way around, you can get them most anywhere, although you have to enlarge the holes to a 1/2" to make them fit. (The stock bolts are 12mm.)

I did this because the bushing in my BMR LCA's is 1/2" ID.

Oh, and I torque mine to 90 ft lbs and forget them.

Just food for thought.
Old 04-08-2008, 07:23 AM
TECH Fanatic

Default ddd

thx. I put grade 8's on the rear (7/16"). Thinking about doing the same up front.
Old 04-08-2008, 08:13 AM
FormerVendor

Received 5 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by tee-boy
I think the UMI bolts provided are low grade and BMR calls for 80 lb-ft. That, I think, is grade 8 bolt territory. I actally the UMI bolt shear at 75 lb-ft.
The new control arm bolts we supply with the brackets are metric Grade 10.9 which is equal to a Grade 8 bolt. The only low grade bolts we supply are the 7/16" bolts that only hold the spacer in place, these bolts take no loads and this is why they are Grade 5.

If I can help anymore please ask. Thank you,
Ryan