Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Could use a little advice

Search this Thread

Old 07-30-2003, 04:44 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Could use a little advice

Hey guys, I drive a 98 trans am m6 with the following mods: lid, cutout, home ported tb, fra, 4.10s in the stock 10-bolt, nittos, subframes and ripper shifter.

I'm moving pretty soon and i'll be about 20 minutes from rt 66 raceway so I'll probably be making my first few runs this fall whenever i'm home from college on the weekends. I'll most likely be doing a set of longtubes before I take her out, but I had a few questions regarding my launch and shift points. Right now when i'm just playing around with the car, I don't dump it any higher than 2k or so because i'm afraid of blowing the 10-bolt out. I just get a slight chirp from the nittos, so i'm guessing they can hold a lot harder, but how much is too much with 4.10s before the risk goes way up? Would a 3 grand launch be ok or is that too much? Also, i'm running the stock cam for now and was wondering what a good shift point would be for my car. What kind of times could I expect with my mods and the longtubes?

Eventually i'll be doing a tr224 and getting it tuned so i'll be able to hammer out my shiftpoints with the tuner for the new setup. Any guesstimate on how much i'll pick up on my et with this cam and a tune?

Thanks a bunch guys, sorry for the long post i'm a newb to dragging at the track so I want to learn as much as I can!
Old 07-30-2003, 10:00 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Default Re: Could use a little advice

Tach that thing up...and let err ripe.
lol
Old 07-31-2003, 02:05 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Default Re: Could use a little advice

ttt
Old 08-01-2003, 01:49 AM