Sponsored by:

MMS Revamped and here to serve!

Search this Thread

Old 08-13-2003, 05:35 PM
Launching!

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default MMS Revamped and here to serve!

Drag racing announcement at the end:

For a while now MMS has been mostly involved with larger project oriented jobs. Since early July we've undergone a major change in the company. My business partner and Service Manager Derek has moved on and is no longer with MMS. Through most of July we've revamped the company and downsized to return our focus to where it once was. When MMS started in 1998, we offered high performance for L98 and LT1 cars. Within a year we moved into the LS1 market. For the past couple years we undertook a huge company growth and expanded our horizons.

Through that process he had hi highs and low lows. In June I made a personal decision for myself to make some major changes in my business life. Things changed for me with the birth of my son in June of 2002. I felt MMS hadn't followed the vision I once sought and that my ambitious goals were no longer as important as they once were because of my new family life.

For those that didn't know Derek was 1/3 owner of MMS and has been there since the beginning. Around this time my tuning services had flourished to the point I felt ready to pursue it as a seperate venture. We discussed the option of Derek taking over control of MMS and I would step down and pursue my new ventures. After some serious talks we finally decided that MMS would be owned solely by myself and Derek would no longer be part of the company.

After that decision was made and all the parperwork sorted I implemented and immediate structural change to MMS.

With the idea of downsizing and getting back to our roots. MMS sold the dyno facilities which is now Strictly Dyno. I own an interested in the company but it is a seperate owned and operated company. In addition I formed E-Tune. This company is specifically started to provide tuning services and develop hand held programming devices.

Throughout July MMS moved all it's service equipment into a smaller unit that we've been leasing for R&D. This was done to cut expenses and improve efficiency. We also been fortunate to find an excellent technician that is a huge car fanatic. He's worked as a GM tech for Rydell and has been hotrodding and fabricating for years. He's been involved with the building of some of the fastest West Coast Street cars run in the PSCA racing series.

Now as we get into August we are back up and running. Our new tech Rob has really met my performance and commitment expecations. An example is a S/C'd Z06 that wanted a new shortblock. We had a complete shortblock ready to go and customer placed the order on Monday. On Tuesday we began to tear it down. By Friday the car was dyno tuned and the customer picked it up. We are also getting through a lot of backed up work but have already seen an increase in productivity. Rob's work ethic is one of the best I've seen ever. A S/C'd C5 blew a P/S pump on the dyno at 6:30pm and he stayed late to have the car ready to go the next morning. He is commited to the success of MMS. If you ever have the chance he is a great person to get to know.

So where are we at now. This is the new MMS team, a smaller more efficient group.

Al Carreon - Sales
Rob Barth - Service
Karen Dattilo - Accounting
Bubba Bronson - Shipping/Receiving
and of course myself.

I don't have any plans to push a growth spurt for MMS in the near future. MMS is a cooperative managed company where each individual is responsible for the success of this company. As a team they've all commited themselves to the success of MMS because those successes are theirs.

Stay tuned for new specials and pricing. Also we'll be jumping back into the drag racing. I'm putting together a 2001 Camaro that will be the quickest H/C car in the country and beyond that we'll be competing for the quickest LS1 powered car. My passion for drag racing hasn't disappeared, but it did need a jumpstart and the new look of MMS has helped it. It is just different now that I'm a family man and have a 2nd one on the way

Thank You,
Old 08-13-2003, 06:39 PM
TECH Senior Member

Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts
Default Re: MMS Revamped and here to serve!

Great to see that you are still committed to the developement of great LS1 products. I'm really looking foward to doing more of my business with you. Thanks for the great service and I hope to see a package from you soon. Congrats on being a new father, I am a new dad too, my son just turned 6 months old
Thanks,
Jeremy B
Old 08-13-2003, 06:59 PM
Shorty Director

Received 4 Likes on 3 Posts

Great to hear you are back..
Old 08-14-2003, 03:26 PM
TECH Veteran

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Great to see that you are still committed to the developement of great LS1 products. I'm really looking foward to doing more of my business with you. Thanks for the great service and I hope to see a package from you soon. Congrats on being a new father, I am a new dad too, my son just turned 6 months old
Thanks,
Jeremy B
Same here. My son Jack turned 6 months on Aug. 4. At his 6 month check up he weighed 19 lbs 4 oz., and is 29 inches long. I am 6'6" and weigh 215 or so......Jack is 2 months ahead of me already ! He's gonna be a monster .
Old 08-15-2003, 02:39 PM
TECH Veteran

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I'm looking forward to trying one of your new C5 blower kits soon...