Dynamometer Results & Comparisons Dyno Records | Dyno Discussion | Dyno Wars

Any big turbo guys go any before and after fast 90/90 or 92/92 dynos.

Search this Thread

Old 11-21-2008, 11:46 AM
TECH Veteran

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Default Any big turbo guys go any before and after fast 90/90 or 92/92 dynos.

Have some arguments in FI to settle so wondering if anyone has any big turbo fast 90/90 or 92 /92 dynos mostly talking where you switched out ls1 or ls6 intake type of thing. Also better if the engine was pretty built with heads,cam..etc. I still think the fast stuff could add as much as 40 or so hp over an ls6 or ls1 intake on a big setup..ported fast maybe even more.Also sometimes peak power don't change that much but area under the curve improves or you gain top end without giving up low end etc.

And like my fast for the direct port option so keeping it regardless.
Old 11-21-2008, 05:00 PM
On The Tree

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

We just ported a FAST 92 on my TT 402. Unfortunately, I cannot give you before and after numbers for a direct comparison as it would be to much a PITA on my setup.

You don't have to worry about giving up any power with the larger intake. The turbos make up for any possible power differential. Ideally, you would run a carb style intake if you were planning on making big power (see below). However, time constraints for a recent event and my desire to keep the stock hood made me try the 92 setup.

Bottom line: I'm happy with it, but I wouldn't let a customer break a budget getting it over an LS6 intake if he couldn't afford it. Go Carb style when you can.

Old 11-21-2008, 09:52 PM
TECH Enthusiast

i thought the FAST intakes were known to seperate with high boost?
Old 11-21-2008, 09:56 PM
TECH Veteran

They are for sure good to 20psi or so. They might not be that much past that but seen them used in some very high hp builds.
Old 11-24-2008, 08:35 AM
On The Tree

Originally Posted by VIPERBLUELX
Our initial testing at 24psi did not show any problems with the intake. We're planning on running up higher, so we can give additional feedback later.
Old 11-30-2008, 10:39 PM
12 Second Club

Received 20 Likes on 19 Posts

Originally Posted by VIPERBLUELX
aren't they supposed to be made of slightly stronger material then a factory intake?? If so factory intakes have held up to high boost so im sure a fast would to.
Old 12-01-2008, 11:09 AM
TECH Veteran

the material is stronger and stronger yet on the new fast 92s. the problem I guess is that they are not one piece design they come apart. I think some rtv used sparkingly and loctite on the nuts and bolts that hold the shells together would likely ensure no problems.
I also have not seen many problems to 20psi levels. Not sure past that. The above tips might be a good idea. They also sell burst panel kits for higher boost level protection but they are supposed for 34psi or something like that.
Also some problems with the fast might be do to people not using the proper fast valley bolts when they install the fast intake. This would be an easy mistake to make especially with used intakes if they didn't come with the intake valley bolts. These bolts are shorter than factory and you can crack the fast if you use the standard bolts in this area. Now that wil for sure give problems! Also can damage intake if you overtorque things the main 10 bolts are put on with inch pound spec not ft pound!
Old 12-01-2008, 02:38 PM
11 Second Club

Old 12-02-2008, 05:06 PM
TECH Fanatic

why do the intakes go backwards?
Old 12-03-2008, 09:22 AM
On The Tree

We installed it that way for packaging reasons. It is very common to have a rear facing intake manifold or elbow big power turbo cars. This is due to the common placement of the intercooler inside the car.

The intake fits both ways because it is symmetrical.