Lid
P&P throttle body
Long tubes
Catted y and Catback
Torquer 2
7.4 pushrods
prc doulbe springs
ls6 intake
and no2 (wasnt sprayed for the dyno run, there was a problem with the bottle)
And other little things that dont add power (oil pump, timing chain, ect)

The numbers seem really low to me but who knows.
Old 04-25-2009, 12:01 PM
TECH Fanatic

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

hell no they look reallty low? might just be bad dyno numbers...but screw that hoe do she feel???
Old 04-25-2009, 12:03 PM
On The Tree

i have V2 cam with stock LS6 manifold, edelbrock victor headers, tsp dual dumps, ported shaner tbody my best dyno# to date was 416/412
Old 04-25-2009, 12:06 PM
On The Tree

Originally Posted by ttranssam
hell no they look reallty low? might just be bad dyno numbers...but screw that hoe do she feel???
i agree...especially above 4k rpm ???
Old 04-25-2009, 12:06 PM
On The Tree

honestly it just feels alot smoother then it was when it was untuned, not necessary quicker
Old 04-25-2009, 12:12 PM
TECH Fanatic

sounds like a shitty tune? who did it, and you did get all new push rods, springs? and how many miles are on her? do you kno the injector%?
Old 04-25-2009, 12:14 PM
On The Tree

Originally Posted by Wdpballer46
honestly it just feels alot smoother then it was when it was untuned, not necessary quicker
hmm...thats not a bad thing, how does it idle?
Old 04-25-2009, 12:15 PM
TECH Resident

Dang I have NO cam, same bolt ons, and am pushin almost 30lb/tq than that, Houston, we have a problem! Something is way off, I would be pretty upset leaving with those numbers.
Old 04-25-2009, 09:43 PM
On The Tree

Originally Posted by ttranssam
sounds like a shitty tune? who did it, and you did get all new push rods, springs? and how many miles are on her? do you kno the injector%?
all new push rods and springs (when i did the cam), and as it sits now... 94k on the clock. its a '00 so i believe it had 28lb injectors but i could be wrong.

idk where to start looking for the rest of the power that there is supposed to be, any ideas would be nice.

Last edited by Wdpballer46; 04-26-2009 at 05:17 PM.
Old 04-25-2009, 09:46 PM
On The Tree

Originally Posted by nevrlift13
hmm...thats not a bad thing, how does it idle?
idle isn't bad, around 1200 right when i start it, then it drops to about 800-900 after a few seconds. when i'm moving tho, it hangs around 1500 and doesn't drop till i come to a COMPLETE stop, i'm not sure if thats normal or not.
Old 04-25-2009, 10:18 PM
TECH Resident

No that is not normal, I'm assuming your an M6, mine was doing the same thing after I installed my LS6 intake, turns out I had a vaccum leak, my tuner caught this, yours should have too, check your PCV hoses, this will be a good place to start lookin. I can't believe the tuner didn't say or do anything about it, thats crappy on his part.
Old 04-25-2009, 10:26 PM
Launching!

Originally Posted by Wdpballer46
all new push rods and springs (when i did the cam), and as it sits now... 94k on the clock. its a '00 so i believe it had 38lb injectors but i could be wrong.

idk where to start looking for the rest of the power that there is supposed to be, any ideas would be nice.
Sock injecters for that year were either 26 or 28lbs i think, do you know what % duty cycle yours were at during WOT? If stock They should be maxed out with that cam, for referance my buddy just put down 410hp and 380 something torque through a stalled auto, cam only with a torquer v2...
Old 04-26-2009, 03:31 AM
9 Second Club

Received 6 Likes on 4 Posts

Did you degree the cam to make sure it was installed correctly? We just degreed my buddies mustang after putting a new timing set in, turns out it was 8 degrees retarded. Kinda explains why it had no low end power and wanted to turn 7500 rpm lol.
Old 04-26-2009, 05:20 AM
TECH Enthusiast

Man those numbers are low. Also, your car stock had 26lb injectors. Sounds to me like you got a bum *** deal from your tuner. That cam with bolt-ons should have netted you close to 400 at the wheels with a decent amount of torque to go with it. Need a tuner you do yes.
Old 04-26-2009, 06:35 AM
Banned

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

It's always the tuners fault. It can't be the inexperienced DIY guy that put it together. Nope. Gotta be the tuner. I mean, the A/F is dead on, all ya gotta do is find the timings happy zone, and then it is what it is. At least for WOT tuning. There's no magic buttons to push to make it make power. It's just A/F and timing. Pretty cut and dried. Idle and driveability tuning, that's a different story, but WOT tuning is pretty easy.

Just yesterday, I tuned an Fbody with a fairly stout cam (don't know the cool e-name), Patriot CNCed 243s, stalled auto, and it made 383/325 with a locked 'verter. I guess the low power in that would be my fault, eh?
Old 04-26-2009, 07:58 AM
TECH Regular

Originally Posted by edcmat-l1
It's always the tuners fault. It can't be the inexperienced DIY guy that put it together. Nope. Gotta be the tuner. I mean, the A/F is dead on, all ya gotta do is find the timings happy zone, and then it is what it is. At least for WOT tuning. There's no magic buttons to push to make it make power. It's just A/F and timing. Pretty cut and dried. Idle and driveability tuning, that's a different story, but WOT tuning is pretty easy.

Just yesterday, I tuned an Fbody with a fairly stout cam (don't know the cool e-name), Patriot CNCed 243s, stalled auto, and it made 383/325 with a locked 'verter. I guess the low power in that would be my fault, eh?
A cam install isnt that hard. It's possible he might have missed somthing, but most of it is straight forward.

The fact still remains those are extreamly low numbers for that cam. I still have 8deg of knock retard and am running higher numbers than that with just bold ons. So yes, my vote is for the tuner.

Id say at least get with your tuner and try to find the problem, not nessasarily in the tune, but look around, you might be able to see something with hptuners (or whatever you use) that you cant tell by just looking at the engine.
Old 04-26-2009, 08:34 AM
Banned

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Originally Posted by Pharm0r
A cam install isnt that hard. It's possible he might have missed somthing, but most of it is straight forward.
I never said a cam install was hard. Just making a point that it's just as likely installer error as tuner error, it's just easier for everyone to say "it's the tuner".

The fact still remains those are extreamly low numbers for that cam. I still have 8deg of knock retard and am running higher numbers than that with just bold ons. So yes, my vote is for the tuner.
I'm not arguing the numbers, just the reason. The A/F is spot on, so all there is really is timing. If it's even close, he's done his job. At least the WOT part, can't speak for the other portions of the tune.

Id say at least get with your tuner and try to find the problem, not nessasarily in the tune, but look around, you might be able to see something with hptuners (or whatever you use) that you cant tell by just looking at the engine.
Most tuners couldn't diagnose their way out of a paper bag. Alot of the diagnostics that go into figuring out a problem like this have nothing to do with scan data. Some of it may apply, but you can't do a leakdown test with a scanner. Or an exhaust back pressure test. Or an injector flow test.

Point being with the limited facts, that being a dyno sheet with an A/F graph, and that being almost perfect, how can one automatically point to a tuner? Besides the obvious, that being it's the easiest thing to do.
Old 04-26-2009, 05:17 PM
On The Tree

so what would be the first thing i should do? i cant think of anything that would cause that much power loss.
Old 04-26-2009, 05:51 PM
LS1Tech Sponsor

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts

Here is the magic question -- what did it dyno before the Cam?I've seen a ton of low powered cars,so when you do the bolt-ons they are still low.

Take my car -260rwhp stock (99TA) With pretty much the same setup as yours -370rwhp.Some cars just dyno low.Now if you dyno'd before and said you only gained 20hp then we could say something is wrong.
Old 04-26-2009, 06:07 PM
11 Second Club

Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts

See what it will mph at the track, that will tell a lot.