Dynamometer Results & Comparisons Dyno Records | Dyno Discussion | Dyno Wars

Dyno results - poor parts combo?

Search this Thread

Old 12-02-2009, 05:28 PM
TECH Fanatic

Received 6 Likes on 5 Posts

I think a lot can be said about variances in numbers from different dynos, however just looking at your combo you're probably right around where you should be.

Check out my combo below -- same heads, similar cam and supporting mods. N/A I usually made 430 - 440 rwhp and 405 - 410 rwtq with my combo. The high ends of the ranges were when the N/A tune was dialed in really well -- car ran strong. Sure the car didn't put up crazy dyno numbers, but it drives well and makes a ton of power under the curve. When I decided that I wanted crazy dyno numbers I slapped on a N2O kit and got my dyno sheet with 600+ rwhp.

Based on what you've said about your car it sounds like a "middle of the road" cam mated with those heads should do a pretty good job meeting your needs on the course -- if that's the case, keep tearing it up on the course and no worries if the only thing you're lacking is a dyno sheet with big numbers.
Old 12-02-2009, 09:01 PM
10 Second Club

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by Fbodyjunkie06
A mid 230 duration cam with low 600's lift and aftermarket casting will get you over 450 with a ported fast 92/92. You are making 11 second numbers right there, I'd be happy for a good while.
Are you nuts... You guys are assuming that dyno numbers and track times have a direct relationship. There are plenty of guys in the 10's with sub 400 hp.

Josh
Old 12-02-2009, 09:47 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by Hugger
Are you nuts... You guys are assuming that dyno numbers and track times have a direct relationship. There are plenty of guys in the 10's with sub 400 hp.

Josh
Exactly! My cousin went in the 11's with a full body TA and just bolt ons and a 228R cam. Too many people use the dyno for what's it's NOT intended for. It's for getting the most out of your combination not bench racing. A dyno is a tool...not a racetrack.
Old 12-05-2009, 07:27 PM
LS1TECH Sponsor

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

on my dyno those numbers are about right.... but my dyno isnt friendly all time...

Quick Reply: Dyno results - poor parts combo?