Dynamometer Results & Comparisons Dyno Records | Dyno Discussion | Dyno Wars

dyno question

Search this Thread

Old 10-23-2009, 02:39 PM
Teching In

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default dyno question

So i have had my car recently dynoed at 2 different performance shops cause the first dyno results came back to be a little odd so I wanted a second shop to make sure this the real numbers...Ok first I have a early model 98 z28 camaro 6 speed...All i have for performance mods are dynatech longtube headers with cats, slp loudmouth exhaust, spec stage 2 clutch with aluminum flywheel, tunning by hp tuners, slp lid and k&n filter. everything else is stock...and the only thing that was found different on my motor compared to the later models is mine comes from the factory with 28lb injectors...

The results from the first dyno were 305 hp and 430 ft. lbs. torque at the rear wheels

The results from the second dyno were 310 hp and 432 ft. lbs torque

what I want to know is why are the torque numbers so high? I mean im not complaining..
Old 10-23-2009, 04:39 PM
Staging Lane

What gear were the 2 pulls made in?
Old 10-23-2009, 09:08 PM
TECH Veteran

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Yeah those numbers make zero sense? Are these mustang dynos..Had buddy run higher torque than hp on a mustang dyno pretty sure his valve springs were fubar as he added mods and had less power then previous runs on same dyno. Also mustangs can be messed with it seems a lot more than dynojets.Same dyno mentioned above was set three different ways over last few years. First it was dynojet equivalent,then mustang then to whatever the owners felt like. They admitted that as people were wondering what heck was going on.

But both of yours are so close to the same numbers..freaky

Those numbers are completely out of the ordinary. And that hp is very low if its dynojet.
And the torque is more something you would find on a 427.
Old 10-23-2009, 09:37 PM
12 Second Club

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Peak numbers arent worth anything, show us the curve.....
Old 10-24-2009, 07:11 AM
LS1Tech Sponsor

yeah, lets see a some graphs. are there "spikes" in the graph from something weird happening?