Dynamometer Results & Comparisons Dyno Records | Dyno Discussion | Dyno Wars

Latest Dyno results with 160lb high imedpance injectors

Search this Thread

Old 11-23-2011, 11:48 AM
9 Second Club

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Default Latest Dyno results with 160lb high imedpance injectors

Same PSI as with my 80lbers. 23PSI but look at the change in RWHP.

I was going to add some boost but I think I'm blowing through the converter and my wastegate springs need to be changed out also. Went from 907RWHP to what you see here. Jim @ Speed Inc. spent a lot of time making sure he nailed the tune with these.

So the only real thing that changed was adding the 160lb high impedance injectors. I wish I would've been there to take a video of it but I had to work the day Jim was working through the big PSI numbers.
Old 11-24-2011, 12:55 PM
TECH Fanatic

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

isn't it great when mods like that do what you expected?
i like the fact that you still drive it on the street. any videos?
Old 11-24-2011, 01:05 PM
TECH Regular

hold on here, JUST with changing injectors you picked up 50ish rwhp? Were you out of fuel or something? I mean i guess i can see on a motor like yours making big power the spray pattern of the injector may make a huge difference like that. But i cant believe the 80's would be so much worse.

What 80lb'ers did you have? Siemens? Thats what i have and im about maxed out on e85 with those so ive been thinking reeeallly hard about breaking off 1000 bucks for those high impedance 160's. Did you get them at Ficonnection.com or whatever that site is?

You have to be on pump if your making 900+whp with 80lb'ers. If so how much meth you got?

Sorry for all the questions im just curious about everything.
Also man your power curve is smooth and sexy.
Old 11-24-2011, 01:20 PM
TECH Regular

https://ls1tech.com/forums/fueling-i...lace-bets.html
Just read your other tread and that answered my questions. Thats sick though man. You saying this i think it'll make me jump the gun on these injectors. I think ill be able to hit my goal of 1000whp safely on e85 with this at a base fuel pressure of 75lbs boost 1:1 referenced.

Im just you im a firm believer on keeping it simple! A driver box it just more junk to hope work

Thanks man
Old 11-24-2011, 10:49 PM
9 Second Club

Originally Posted by BLINGOLE
hold on here, JUST with changing injectors you picked up 50ish rwhp? Were you out of fuel or something? I mean i guess i can see on a motor like yours making big power the spray pattern of the injector may make a huge difference like that. But i cant believe the 80's would be so much worse.

What 80lb'ers did you have? Siemens? Thats what i have and im about maxed out on e85 with those so ive been thinking reeeallly hard about breaking off 1000 bucks for those high impedance 160's. Did you get them at Ficonnection.com or whatever that site is?

You have to be on pump if your making 900+whp with 80lb'ers. If so how much meth you got?

Sorry for all the questions im just curious about everything.
Also man your power curve is smooth and sexy.
I picked up 58 RWHP and the question I was asking myself was why would I pick up that much without adding any boost. I can only guess to be honest. These new injectors are flow matched a lot closer than my 80lb Siemens injectors. To the point of being dead on with each other. My base fuel pressure was really high on the 80's and perhaps it affected the spray pattern also. From a tuning standpoint it's also possible that there may have been a little more accurate data about these injectors and their tendencies but again the Air/Fuel ratios were pretty much dead on from the 907 graph to the new one so at the end of the day I'm not sure how that would affect the HP.

Yes the injectors were purchased from FIC. http://fuelinjectorconnection.com/shop/

All previous dyno runs and the new ones were done on 110 race gas. No meth needed. However would meth increase HP well....hell yes. I'm just not ready to get into a meth kit for now. I need to focus on the converter since it needs to be tightened up a good bit.

Quick Reply: Latest Dyno results with 160lb high imedpance injectors