Dynamometer Results & Comparisons Dyno Records | Dyno Discussion | Dyno Wars

[VR] 416c.i. YSi Supercharged LS3 C6 Corvette - Build Pics/Idle Vid/Results Inside!

Search this Thread

Old 01-07-2015, 03:18 PM
FormerVendor

Received 6 Likes on 5 Posts
Default [VR] 416c.i. YSi Supercharged LS3 C6 Corvette - Build Pics/Idle Vid/Results Inside!

Recently, we had a customer with a modified LS3 Corvette C6 looking for a build that would have better overall performance with more reliability than he currently had installed. When the car showed up at VR, it was a base LS3 C6 Corvette with an A&A supercharger making 7psi on the V3 blower. Working on previously modified vehicles is a challenge. We really don't know the quality of work and tune previously on the car and the client didn't have a lot of faith in the build to begin with so we decided to start from scratch. However, whenever a car shows up at VR, we are confident that we can provide the deliverable to our clients that will allow them to achieve their goals for the build and enjoy it for years to come.

This was going to be a short block out build along with some supporting mods to make this C6 what the client really had planned for the car.

To start off, we pulled the motor and did our VR 416c.i. build with Callies crankshaft and rods with Diamond pistons to give a fully forged rotating assembly, a VR custom grind camshaft and some extra cubes to this already capable LSx platform.

We bolted up the Kooks long tube headers, some VR 1,000cc injectors, Fore Innovations triple in-tank fuel system, Holley fuel rails and OEM cylinder heads to finish out the motor build. With an AlkyControl meth kit...this C6 was ready to throw down some nice numbers.

For boost, we installed the very capable YSi supercharger system with an 8-rib dedicated drive.

With all of this power up front, we needed to get it to the ground. Additional mods with a RPM Stage IV differential with 3.42 gears, RPS carbon triple disc clutch and Hal QA1 struts will insure that every bit of that new power up front makes it to the asphalt.

As we all already know, this extra power was going to generate heat so we also installed a Dewitt custom radiator with dual fans.

Installed Modifications:
  • VR 416c.i. LSx Shortblock
  • Callies crankshaft/Callies rods/Diamond Pistons
  • ARP fasteners
  • YSi supercharger upgrade w/ 8-rib dedicated drive
  • AlkyControl dual nozzle methanol system
  • VR custom camshaft kit
  • VR 1000cc fuel injectors
  • Hal QA1 shocks all around
  • Fore Innovations triple in-tank fuel system
  • Holley EFI fuel rails w/ OEM LS3 intake manifold
  • Dewitt custom radiator with dual fans
  • RPS carbon triple disc clutch assembly
  • RPM Stage IV differential with 3.42 gears
  • VR billet catch can system
  • OEM LS3 cylinder heads
  • VR Professional Installation
  • Custom Vengeance Racing ECU Calibration

The results...847.31rwhp/686.14wtq! That should make the tail lights of this C6 something a lot of cars are going to see on the streets and track.

Here is a video of the client's C6 at idle with engine bay shots.

http://youtu.be/2dkU9zabtLM For more information or questions on Corvette modifications like this one, hit us up at the shop.

Quick Reply: [VR] 416c.i. YSi Supercharged LS3 C6 Corvette - Build Pics/Idle Vid/Results Inside!