Dynamometer Results & Comparisons Dyno Records | Dyno Discussion | Dyno Wars

Power estimations

Search this Thread

Old 03-12-2015, 01:41 AM
Teching In

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Power estimations

hey guys i am new to this forum and the main reason i joined was to get some thoughts on how much power you think i will be making this spring.

ok, so i bought a 2000 ,ws6 transam with 92,000 miles on it last september and i planed on just doing a cam and intake swap at first but then changed my mind after i put it away for winter. so i am in the middle of my build right now and so far the parts list includes

-fast lsxr 102mm with a 102mm nick williams throttle body
-racetronix 42lbs injectors
-magic stick 3 cam
-ported and pollished 243 ls6 heads with .002 bigger linginfelter valves
-scat h-beam rods
-mahle forged pistons
-k1 forged crank
-ls2 timing chain set
-spec stage 2+ clutch
-ls7 lifters
-ls6 ported oil pump
-pace setter long tube headers and ory pipe
- borla catback

anyone with a smilar heads cam and intake build? would apreciate hp and trq estimations.
Old 03-12-2015, 02:56 PM
Staging Lane

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

There to many variables to truly make a good and accurate guess.
I would guess 420-480HP/380-420TQ...most likely around 445ish/410ish.
who ports the heads is huge! the tuner and the dyno is a huge factor also, one dyno graph could poop out 20hp different from another. dynos can be finagled to read the way a customer would like. I definitely cant wait to see the out come though. I like your supporting bolt-on list for sure..BTW who are you planning on porting/tuning? are you planning on gears? that will hurt the dyno #s, but help the 1/4 and around town.

no matter what your dyno graph reads, i would "GUESS" an average street racer could break low-mid 12s or better at the track with that combo, and a good "1/4 driver" low 11's. GOOD LUCK with build!
Old 03-12-2015, 05:33 PM
Teching In

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Thanks for the feedback man. I ported the heads myself and a local machine shop is doing the valve job for me. I am going to wait on gears until my rear end gives up because I still have the stock 10 bolt, so I will wait until I go to a 9" or s60. I plan on taking it to speed inc near Chicago to get tuned.
Old 03-13-2015, 03:43 PM
TECH Fanatic

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

428/381

Quick Reply: Power estimations