Dynamometer Results & Comparisons Dyno Records | Dyno Discussion | Dyno Wars

Weird results...

Search this Thread

Old 07-08-2015, 07:14 PM
11 Second Club

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default Weird results...

So I took my car to the dyno for the first time to tune it myself. A local shop with a dynapack dyno (load dyno that's bolts cells directly to hub). First pull did as a baseline yielded 447ft/lbs of torque and 324hp.....

Didn't pay it much mind as tuning wasn't started yet. Unfortunately when I was almost done with my VE tables the load cells overheated. Lost the data on the first pull when it happened.

Those numbers seem terribly skewed and I didn't get a chance to see if the tune fixed it (the cells needed a few hours to cool). What should I look for when I go back? My mods are in signature. I was thinking I would be around 370hp.
Old 07-15-2015, 11:51 AM
Teching In

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by Nicelysedate
So I took my car to the dyno for the first time to tune it myself. A local shop with a dynapack dyno (load dyno that's bolts cells directly to hub). First pull did as a baseline yielded 447ft/lbs of torque and 324hp.....

Didn't pay it much mind as tuning wasn't started yet. Unfortunately when I was almost done with my VE tables the load cells overheated. Lost the data on the first pull when it happened.

Those numbers seem terribly skewed and I didn't get a chance to see if the tune fixed it (the cells needed a few hours to cool). What should I look for when I go back? My mods are in signature. I was thinking I would be around 370hp.
Sounds like you did your pulls with the converter unlocked. When you go back do your pulls with the converter lockup engaged.
Old 07-16-2015, 10:45 AM
LS1Tech Sponsor

Received 8 Likes on 7 Posts

I have seen varying results from those types of dynos, I wouldn't put any faith in the actual numbers (same for any dyno really), it should simply serve as a tool to see gains/losses, etc.

Take it to the track to see if its making power

Quick Reply: Weird results...