Dynamometer Results & Comparisons Dyno Records | Dyno Discussion | Dyno Wars

2006 C6Z dyno numbers

Search this Thread

Old 11-01-2015, 01:10 PM
Launching!

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts

Default 2006 C6Z dyno numbers

Here is a list of what was done to car before I dropped it off. Yes I bought it auto swapped so if your intentions are to knock me for that don't bother commenting. I had a 08 auto swapped z06 that pulled a 1.39 ft NA.

2006 2LZ Z06
16000 miles.
Moderate built 6L80 conversion done by RPM
Heads/Cam/Intake/Exhaust were all done by Lethal Racing around 12,500 miles.
Per previous owner

Heads were hand ported, milled, all new guides, new exhaust valves, etc etc
New Morrel Tie-Bar Lifters
Lethal Racings' Phantom Cam
New Push Rods
Ported Fast 102 Intake
Nick Williams 102 TB
Kooks 1 7/8 LT's - ceramic coated
Kooks Catted X - no cats
Corsa Exhaust
QTP Cutouts
Killer Bee CAI
E85 with flex fuel sensor
DRM Valved Bilsteins
Forgestar F14's 20/19
Michelin PS2 ZP's with approx 3500 miles on them

Baseline numbers on a MUSTANG dyno were 470/440 rwtq. Then I installed ported fast intake, nw tb, cutouts, gutted the cats, and corsa. Ended up putting me at 503 rwhp and 450 rwtq. I was actually happy with the gains. Tuner is running out the 91 and getting ready to tune for e85 as we speak. I eventually want to beef up the trans and throw a 4k stall in there and hope for atleast a 9.75 quarter mile. I will keep you posted on e85 results but im guessing 15-20 rwhp. I hope!
Old 11-01-2015, 05:31 PM
Launching!

E85 tune netted me 22 rwhp.

Final numbers are 525 rwhp and 460 rwtq. Pick up a lot of torque in the midrange. My tuner is very impressed with what the car put down. He said lets do a bigger cam next year. I think im going to to and look into some Mast heads.
Old 11-01-2015, 06:35 PM
TECH Senior Member

Received 15 Likes on 15 Posts

Never trusted dyno numbers...I bet it moves out real nice!
Old 11-01-2015, 09:52 PM
Launching!

Originally Posted by HCI2000SS
Never trusted dyno numbers...I bet it moves out real nice!
I for one am not a dyno racer but I know this much its a beast. Next year its going to me even more insane. Don't get me wrong I love turbos, supercharges and nitrous but going 9's NA is impressive to me. I have some trans work to do, get me a drag wheel set up, and might re cam later down the road then send heads off to WCCH. My last z06 was a beast but this one is quicker. If I wasn't in the process of buying a house I would have it all done.
Old 11-01-2015, 09:55 PM
Launching!

It picked up great power in the mid range .
Name:  dyno1_zpsvrhuxcuc.jpg
Views: 4161
Size:  81.6 KB
Old 11-02-2015, 03:04 PM
TECH Fanatic

Received 215 Likes on 128 Posts

Good Results 22 RWHP from E85 and tune alone? That's about
4% Peak, and it looks like your Torque picked up a bunch between
3500-5500 RPM (30-50+) What is your compression and can you/will
You share the cam specs.
Old 11-02-2015, 06:09 PM
Launching!

Originally Posted by NAVYBLUE210
Good Results 22 RWHP from E85 and tune alone? That's about
4% Peak, and it looks like your Torque picked up a bunch between
3500-5500 RPM (30-50+) What is your compression and can you/will
You share the cam specs.
Im not 100% sure on the compression the previous owner had the heads milled slightly. I will have to ask my tuner when I pick it up. The cam is Lethal Racings Phantom cam. This guy is a damn good tuner im glad he is located so close to me. Everyone told me no don't go with e-85 but I wanted to and my tuner is all about the e-85. He said it was actually e78 im guessing winter blend but they have been known to have e-95 depending on what station you fill up at. I am happy with the torque gains. My tuner wants to go with bigger cam next year and get some more head work done. Im aiming for a mid 9 in the quarter na.
Old 09-17-2020, 04:55 PM
Launching!

well some results are in and im happy so far. As you can see i am at 605 rwhp on the mustang dyno i picked up 12 rwhp over my previous best and 30 rwhp from the baseline a few weeks ago. From swapping the springs, intake manifold and those crap yella terras.

My last set up stopped making power at 6700 rpm this setup is making power up to 7110 boy im happy and to top this all off I maxed out my 72 lb injectors and my tuner thinks the cai is choking this thing up. He is still tuning at the moment. Im hoping with new injectors I can hit 630 rwhp either way I'm happy that this thing is finally making power up top like it is supposed to.
The following users liked this post:
LaBLKv6Z (10-15-2020)
Old 09-18-2020, 07:19 AM

Received 1,835 Likes on 1,145 Posts

Nice improvements Clint!

Looking at your torque curve overlays, it almost looks like the curve shifted a few hundred to the right. Made same peak torque just with higher rpm. Interesting that is just from a rocker change. I would normally not have guessed that.
Old 09-18-2020, 07:36 AM
Launching!

Rocker, Springs and got rid of the msd intake for a billet intake I think the power up top is coming mostly the intake. I'll see today if he messes with it more and gains some more power in hoping he can.
Old 09-18-2020, 10:51 AM
TECH Fanatic

Received 469 Likes on 302 Posts

The FED intake has WAY shorter intake runners than the MSD. That can result in huge midrange and even peak tq losses. I think it is a testament to the design of the FED intake even with such short runners you're still making the same peak torque as the ported MSD, and even matching the torque production down on the low end.

This is one of those sheet metal tunnel ram intakes vs a stock ls3 intake for example. Notice peak tq is just demolished and midrange losses are 40+ ft lb.

Last edited by spanks13; 09-18-2020 at 11:08 AM.
Old 09-18-2020, 08:54 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Received 238 Likes on 160 Posts

Nice pick up in power, youd be happy with that.
What were the springs that were replaced and what replaced them? Be good to hear your thoughts on the sheet metal intake when the weathers hot and your doing city driving and how much heat soak is affecting it.
I cant understand how, after 5 yrs driving and zero issues you call the YTs crap. Without a direct comparison to your new rockers and with 5 yrs zero issues i cannot see any justification for you to say that. Im running the YTs, solid roller , 682 rwhp, bounce it off the 7600rpm limiter EVERY time i drive it , ZERO issues and ill guarantee if i swapped rockers im not gunna pick up any meaningful HP increase
Your making yourself look foolish by saying your YTs are crap, when you've had ZERO issues and are relying on hearsay from others to say that they are !!!!
Old 09-19-2020, 04:02 AM
Launching!

Originally Posted by Mickyinks
Nice pick up in power, youd be happy with that.
What were the springs that were replaced and what replaced them? Be good to hear your thoughts on the sheet metal intake when the weathers hot and your doing city driving and how much heat soak is affecting it.
I cant understand how, after 5 yrs driving and zero issues you call the YTs crap. Without a direct comparison to your new rockers and with 5 yrs zero issues i cannot see any justification for you to say that. Im running the YTs, solid roller , 682 rwhp, bounce it off the 7600rpm limiter EVERY time i drive it , ZERO issues and ill guarantee if i swapped rockers im not gunna pick up any meaningful HP increase
Your making yourself look foolish by saying your YTs are crap, when you've had ZERO issues and are relying on hearsay from others to say that they are !!!!
I was told by a moderator not to post about the the yella terras and he deleted acouple of my posts above supporting my various claims. I posted 3 or 4 cases where guys on the ls7 with a adjustable rocker on a solid roller have swapped out just the rockers and only the rockers and picked up a good amount of hp. That's back to back comparisons on a dyno on the same day. Ask Erik from horsepower research what he thinks of them on the ls7. I'm not saying every situation is the same and you will pick up power but I have seen more guys swap them out with better results. If you are on fb join the z06 owners fb page go to the search and type in yella terra it will pull up atleast 50 to 60 results I can pm them all to you if you would like but that would be a waste of my time. You guys spend your money the want on how you wanna build your engines and lll spend my money how I want. I wont ever run a yt In this engine again.

If I went with everyone's advice I would not be making the power I am. I had guys sawy dont run e85 it's not worth the gains well I picked up 22 rwhp on a mustang dyno switching to e85. Also had them.say dont switch from 1 7/8the headers to 2 in on your set up guess what I picked up about 10 rwhp across the board and last but not least I had guys tell me not to use an electric water pump it's not worth it for the small gains I pick up 5 rwhp. Now just think how much less power I would be making of it idsnt take a chance and swap all those parts out how much less power I would be making.

Also the yt have only been on the car 4 year and only have about 3000 miles on it.

And also to add to all of this my yts had issues from.the very beginning before they were even mounted on the car thats he funny part. They were a new design and have been redesigned once they were made so if that tells you anything.

I replaced the springs with the same springs just new ones.

Last edited by clint195; 09-19-2020 at 04:17 AM.
Old 09-19-2020, 04:29 AM
TECH Enthusiast

Received 238 Likes on 160 Posts

I'd be very interested to see a comparison from yours while it's at the tuners still. I'd be happy to pay for the costs if you don't have the cash to run it up with the Yts. Do you know what brand of springs and what pressures they were set up at?

ive read most of the threads you refer to, I think most people have. I think the Josh B everyone has and that ended badly but still he hasn't been able to emulate his initial hp figures. I also can't understand how anyone running big lift solid rollers don't change or at least test valve Spring pressures every yr.

It is odd the low rpm limit on your initial dyno . There's a lot of threads about solid roller engines running YTs and spinning 7000+rpm without any issues , mine included and it's strange why yours didn't rev how it should...
Maybe i and the others were using the correct spring pressures.
would give excellent data if you ran yours up with the YTs. Would end any speculation
Old 09-19-2020, 05:48 AM
Launching!

Originally Posted by Mickyinks
I'd be very interested to see a comparison from yours while it's at the tuners still. I'd be happy to pay for the costs if you don't have the cash to run it up with the Yts. Do you know what brand of springs and what pressures they were set up at?

ive read most of the threads you refer to, I think most people have. I think the Josh B everyone has and that ended badly but still he hasn't been able to emulate his initial hp figures. I also can't understand how anyone running big lift solid rollers don't change or at least test valve Spring pressures every yr.

It is odd the low rpm limit on your initial dyno . There's a lot of threads about solid roller engines running YTs and spinning 7000+rpm without any issues , mine included and it's strange why yours didn't rev how it should...
Maybe i and the others were using the correct spring pressures.
would give excellent data if you ran yours up with the YTs. Would end any speculation
thanks for the offer but I will not be doing any more testing on this. For one i dont want to waste anymore of my tuners time hes a bust man.. 2 I am happy with where its carrying the power now.

Once everything was completed in the brand new 447 with all new parts it stopped making power at 6400 for a solid roller that is pitiful. I dont believe it was spring pressure as the whole package was specd by mamo. One things for sure is the springs were brand new and not fatigued in that set up so we can rule that out and pushrod length was checked to verify so that was correct too.

I believe my car was the first set up ever completed with that package then josh was 2nd but he had a larger cam and 7 more cubes. We both had the same issue with the rockers before they were installed. I believe there is a new version now.

I think coming out at 606 rwhp through a 6l80e on a mustang dyno is pretty damn impressive Im happy to finally be the first to break 600 rwhp on this dyno and with a auto. My tuner said yesterday he suspects 660 to 680 on his dyno jet which blew me away I think with a manual 6 speed it would be even closer to 700 which is not badly for a cam I used specd for a 427 and older mamo 260 version heads.

as said above I might try one more setup on this car in the next year or 2. Frankenstein 710 heads which are making massive power, bump compression up to 14 or14.5 and a bigger cam specd for the package.

Last edited by clint195; 09-21-2020 at 11:55 AM.
Old 09-19-2020, 06:38 AM
TECH Fanatic

Received 702 Likes on 364 Posts

I definitely want to try those Frankenstein heads one day. I have a buddy building a solid roller setup with those heads, 427ci and 14.5:1 compression. It's going to be nasty.
clint195 (09-21-2020)
Old 09-19-2020, 06:46 AM
Launching!

I'm not trying to rub anyone the wrong way I'm just trying to get the most hp out of this set up. This all stems back to years ago when vengeance did a test on headers. 4 different brands 1 day. They made the most power with an American racing header. So naturally what did I do I swapped from kooks that were on my car to American racing cause there was proof to back it up. I dynod my results back to back on that and infact gained power so naturally when someone ask what brand of headers to buy I recommend american racing. If they want to buy a different brand that's up to them. Now I didn't do a back to back on the rockers but I took my gut instinct on that one. We will never know the true out come on that one but I can say I for one will sleep better at night. I like to help people gain the most power they can andd the dyno proves this is the most power I have made yet beating my 447 first dyno number by 24 rwhp.
Old 09-19-2020, 08:27 AM

Kinda strange you had ppl saying not to bother with 2 inch primaries. Or a EWP. I would even add a crank scraper and vacuum pump to the list. The stupidity of those comments is that most of the time those parts are an investment. My headers, ewp, vacuum pump, etc have transferred motor to motor. Not like pushrods where you start new every time.

I like freed up power more than made power. Something elegant about it.

Even the E85 comment seems out of place as it is pretty common knowledge

Edit -- fwiw, here is my 440 on a jet, through a t56 and 4.30 geared nine inch on 93 with boostane. The difference in the two curves was tires. Lower number is slicks. Higher number is radials .

2006 C6Z dyno numbers-photo647.jpg

Last edited by Darth_V8r; 09-19-2020 at 08:32 AM.
Old 09-19-2020, 09:17 AM
Launching!

Originally Posted by Darth_V8r
Kinda strange you had ppl saying not to bother with 2 inch primaries. Or a EWP. I would even add a crank scraper and vacuum pump to the list. The stupidity of those comments is that most of the time those parts are an investment. My headers, ewp, vacuum pump, etc have transferred motor to motor. Not like pushrods where you start new every time.

I like freed up power more than made power. Something elegant about it.

Even the E85 comment seems out of place as it is pretty common knowledge

Edit -- fwiw, here is my 440 on a jet, through a t56 and 4.30 geared nine inch on 93 with boostane. The difference in the two curves was tires. Lower number is slicks. Higher number is radials .

Attachment 709492

Wow that's impressive for just a tire change? What size tires do you run?

Those comments are all true I have 3 separate dyno graphs with the header change to prove it. Buried away done where.

The e85 was a no brainer for me with milled heads. The people say it's not worth on on a NA engine but its total worth it cause you want ever last hp when you are NA. It's not just something you can swap a pulley on and make more power.
Old 09-19-2020, 10:12 AM

Originally Posted by clint195
Wow that's impressive for just a tire change? What size tires do you run?

Those comments are all true I have 3 separate dyno graphs with the header change to prove it. Buried away done where.

The e85 was a no brainer for me with milled heads. The people say it's not worth on on a NA engine but its total worth it cause you want ever last hp when you are NA. It's not just something you can swap a pulley on and make more power.
26 inch tires. I agree on the mods. When you want every last bit, you really cannot compromise.

Edit -- same reason I did ign1a coils. Totally not worth it to most, but I swear by them.

Last edited by Darth_V8r; 09-19-2020 at 10:23 AM.
clint195 (09-19-2020)

Quick Reply: 2006 C6Z dyno numbers