Dynamometer Results & Comparisons Dyno Records | Dyno Discussion | Dyno Wars

Dyno figures for Hooker LT's and TSP true duals

Search this Thread

Old 11-13-2004, 08:02 PM
Launching!

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Default Dyno figures for Hooker LT's and TSP true duals

Well finally got to put my own car on the dyno for once. My previous setup was just a Borla catback (exhaust wise). With the other mods i had that setup, with nearly identical dyno conditions, was good for 330 rwhp and 345 tq. That was with TR-55s, 31 deg timing and a 13.1 AF.

The longtubes/TSP duals today, went 345 hp and 367 tq (had one run go 373 tq but rest were right around 367). Now the catch, for one, we coudn't for the life of us get a solid tach lead. So at right about 4800-5k rpm, my hp reading cut. So i figure conservatively, had the dyno been doing its thing, would have seen 352-355 easy. As well, this was with TR-6's at .038, 26 deg timing, and a 12.7/12.8 AF. I could see 360+ rwhp with an aggressive, winter time, all motor tune. Needless to say I am very happy with the setup. That torque number is fantastic as far as Im concerned. And it feels it every bit.

One question, according to my Predator, im pulling like anywhere from .2-.6 deg KR through out the run. Could this be due simply to an exceptionally loud exhaust? It doesnt both me, i can handle .3 deg KR, but simply curious if anyone knows.
Old 11-14-2004, 05:11 PM
TECH Fanatic

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by PHANTA-Z
Well finally got to put my own car on the dyno for once. My previous setup was just a Borla catback (exhaust wise). With the other mods i had that setup, with nearly identical dyno conditions, was good for 330 rwhp and 345 tq. That was with TR-55s, 31 deg timing and a 13.1 AF.

The longtubes/TSP duals today, went 345 hp and 367 tq (had one run go 373 tq but rest were right around 367). Now the catch, for one, we coudn't for the life of us get a solid tach lead. So at right about 4800-5k rpm, my hp reading cut. So i figure conservatively, had the dyno been doing its thing, would have seen 352-355 easy. As well, this was with TR-6's at .038, 26 deg timing, and a 12.7/12.8 AF. I could see 360+ rwhp with an aggressive, winter time, all motor tune. Needless to say I am very happy with the setup. That torque number is fantastic as far as Im concerned. And it feels it every bit.

One question, according to my Predator, im pulling like anywhere from .2-.6 deg KR through out the run. Could this be due simply to an exceptionally loud exhaust? It doesnt both me, i can handle .3 deg KR, but simply curious if anyone knows.
could be anything from timing to valvetrain noise to exhaust banging. I also have a predator and the more and more i use it I really wish I had gone with HP tuners... for the same amount you can actually do a full incremental tune instead of making "across the band" adjustments... there might be points where your timing curve is too high and resulting in a pull... Nonetheless a couple tenths of KR ain't terrible... but if you can manage zero that's the ticket!

Quick Reply: Dyno figures for Hooker LT's and TSP true duals