Dynamometer Results & Comparisons Dyno Records | Dyno Discussion | Dyno Wars

Dynoed today (stock) comments please?

Search this Thread

Old 01-15-2005, 10:29 PM
Staging Lane

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Dynoed today (stock) comments please?

Well I dynoed my car for the first time today. I had warranty work done a few months back and they gave me a new engine, it has about 6500~ miles on it. I'm content with my numbers. After reading a couple posts I was just wondering about my A/F ratios and if they are ok? or are they a little rich? So if someone could just comment on my dynograph that would be great!
Attached Thumbnails Dynoed today (stock) comments please?-stock-dyno1.jpg  
Old 01-15-2005, 10:39 PM
12 Second Club

Numbers look good for stock and it is running rich. Should be closer to 12.8-13.
Old 01-16-2005, 01:31 AM
TECH Veteran

Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts

The numbers could be a bit better for a 01', but they aren't bad. I'd say you have an "average" car.
Old 01-16-2005, 02:39 AM
Staging Lane

well if i could lean it out some, would i pick up some hp? Also since i havent done anything to make it rich? is there anyway i could lean it out by my self?
Old 01-16-2005, 10:00 AM
TECH Enthusiast

Almost every stock car that we have dynoed are biased too rich at WOT from the factory, high 11s, low 12s for N.A. engines. Possibly two reasons why they do that, the old addage, if were going to be off let's be too rich and the CATS can overheat and plug if too lean at WOT. Yes, you could pick up another 5-15 RWHP, varys from car to car, by leaning to approx 13:1 but this should be done with a custom reflash of PCM. Your power graphs indicate something going on after the mid 4000 RPM range, possibly knock retard. If you are getting KR on an enertia dyno you probably are really getting it on the street, running good fuel? Again, for max power a custom reflash while monitoring KR custom ign timing curves may be in order. Three pulls on a stock engine should have identical graph overlays or look for problems.

EJ
Old 01-16-2005, 12:54 PM
Staging Lane

Originally Posted by dynocar
Almost every stock car that we have dynoed are biased too rich at WOT from the factory, high 11s, low 12s for N.A. engines. Possibly two reasons why they do that, the old addage, if were going to be off let's be too rich and the CATS can overheat and plug if too lean at WOT. Yes, you could pick up another 5-15 RWHP, varys from car to car, by leaning to approx 13:1 but this should be done with a custom reflash of PCM. Your power graphs indicate something going on after the mid 4000 RPM range, possibly knock retard. If you are getting KR on an enertia dyno you probably are really getting it on the street, running good fuel? Again, for max power a custom reflash while monitoring KR custom ign timing curves may be in order. Three pulls on a stock engine should have identical graph overlays or look for problems.

EJ
Thanks EJ, very informative I did notice on the second run the rpms blipped on the screen, but i didnt hear a difference. hoping it was just a freak thing. And as far as fuel the best we can do in cali is 91