Dynamometer Results & Comparisons Dyno Records | Dyno Discussion | Dyno Wars

True duals,Exedy clutch,4.10's,stock rocker arms

Search this Thread

Old 01-31-2005, 06:20 PM
TECH Apprentice

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default True duals,Exedy clutch,4.10's,stock rocker arms

I made the following changes to my setup:

1.) Lanes 3" true duals with X pipe and Flo-Pro Twisters installed. Replaced a 3" ORY pipe and Magnaflow catback.
2.) Yella Terra rocker arms replaced with stock rocker arms.
3.) Exedy Hyper single clutch replaced Cartek clutch (much lighter flywheel, may impact dyno numbers.)
4.) 4.10 gears installed replacing 3.73's (still stock 10 bolt rear).

Old numbers: 414.6 RWHP, 396.4 RWTQ.

New numbers: 419.0 RWHP, 400.7 RWTQ.

So I gained 4.4 RWHP and 4.3 RWTQ. The gains were pretty consistent across the board, I didn't really see the big gains under the curve I was expecting to see from the true duals. I'm still happy with the true duals, though- it sounds great, and I did pick up some power. Ground clearance is about the same as it was with my 3" ORY- the Lanes TD's really tuck up nicely under the car.

I wish I could post my dyno graph, so I could show you guys the valve float I was getting from 6500-7000 RPMs with the Yella Terras. And I am running the good Patriot dual valvesprings. No valvefloat now that I put the stock rocker arms back on.

As usual, Jeff Creech at Carolina Auto Masters did a great job with the tuning.

It's time for me to upgrade injectors, though- my poor 99 injectors are seeing 111% duty cycle now.
Old 01-31-2005, 07:22 PM
11 Second Club

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Creech is awsome isn't he.He was just up in Maryland friday and did my car.Good #s but there is more there.Did you just have yours done today?
Old 01-31-2005, 09:05 PM
TECH Veteran

Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts

You added 4.10's which will kill alot of power. Leaving the 3.42's would have netted you better "dyno" numbers. The track will be where it counts in this situation.
Old 01-31-2005, 10:12 PM
8 Second Club

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Old 02-01-2005, 04:51 AM
TECH Apprentice

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Thumbs up

Originally Posted by tonyb
Creech is awsome isn't he.He was just up in Maryland friday and did my car.Good #s but there is more there.Did you just have yours done today?
Yeah, I just had it tuned Monday. Jeff got rid of all the cam surge I was getting at lower RPMs so I'm pretty happy with the tune. I'm still having trouble driving it smoothly; but I think I'm just not used to the new clutch yet. I'm not sure there is any more power to be had with this setup, but I do plan on making mo' powah when my TEA stage 2.5 LS6 heads and custom FTI (EDC) cam go in.

The 4.10's will help at the track if (BIG IF) the 10 bolt doesn't grenade. What are the stickiest tires I can run safely with the stock rear? BFG drag radials? I wanted to try the new MT drag radials, but I think they are too sticky for the stock rearend to handle.

My CC is all maxed out now, so it looks like a 12 bolt or a 9 inch will have to wait a little longer.