Dynamometer Results & Comparisons Dyno Records | Dyno Discussion | Dyno Wars

Dyno Overlay

Search this Thread

Old 02-02-2005, 11:34 PM
Launching!

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Dyno Overlay

Does anyone know how to make a overlay from two differnt graphs? The reason I ask is the dyno shop lost my base dyno. I just installed Kooks long tubes and it looks like I gained about 20 HP and lost lowend TQ.
Old 02-02-2005, 11:45 PM
TECH Fanatic

Easiest wat is if you have the electronic files and you just open them in the viewer. Other way would be take the to hardcopies and overlay them over white light.
Old 02-03-2005, 12:07 AM
Launching!

Originally Posted by BLASTER
Easiest wat is if you have the electronic files and you just open them in the viewer. Other way would be take the to hardcopies and overlay them over white light.
I tried the over the light. But they are differnt sizes. didnt work well.
Old 02-03-2005, 01:38 PM
TECH Regular

Plot them with excel and make a chart. Wont be exact, but it will be pretty close.

I've been doing this with several cam only dynos and averaging all the runs(cam only) for different cams. Then plotting one cam vs another it should give a pretty decent representation of the torque curves. I'm not plotting the HP, but it would be easy to do once you have the TQ numbers entered.
Old 02-03-2005, 05:27 PM
TECH Fanatic

Originally Posted by Mike00FRC
Plot them with excel and make a chart. Wont be exact, but it will be pretty close.

I've been doing this with several cam only dynos and averaging all the runs(cam only) for different cams. Then plotting one cam vs another it should give a pretty decent representation of the torque curves. I'm not plotting the HP, but it would be easy to do once you have the TQ numbers entered.
You can get it faily accurate if you get out your straight edge and do like Mike said. I didn't mention it cause I figured it would be a pain in hte ***. But if you want you can take points at ever 250 RPM and you can get about 16 points between 2K and 6K. Or you can go finer than that, just depends on how detailed the scale of your graph is. Then once you have the torque number you can get the power from torque multiplied by angular velocity or HP = (FTLBS* RPM)/5252