Dynamometer Results & Comparisons Dyno Records | Dyno Discussion | Dyno Wars

dyno run 2 marro

Search this Thread

Old 06-20-2005, 10:24 PM
12 Second Club

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default dyno run 2 marro

me and a friend are geting our cars dynoed. he has a 04 cobra withbolt-ons and a 2.2 kb and should prob be around 580-650@the wheels.

Me: 2000 a4 formula with Pace Lts, Tsp ORY , Loundmouth, slp bellow and lid. and k&n.
How should the guy run the car? should he put it in a specific gear.
I hear that you make more power with the converter locked so would you just leave it in drive or what.

also based on my mods what rwhp do you think am putting down?

am going to be running 100 octane, does a higher octane do any thing for a basic bolt-on car?

Thanks
Eric
Old 06-21-2005, 03:46 PM
TECH Fanatic

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by 00formLs1
me and a friend are geting our cars dynoed. he has a 04 cobra withbolt-ons and a 2.2 kb and should prob be around 580-650@the wheels.

Me: 2000 a4 formula with Pace Lts, Tsp ORY , Loundmouth, slp bellow and lid. and k&n.
How should the guy run the car? should he put it in a specific gear.
I hear that you make more power with the converter locked so would you just leave it in drive or what.

also based on my mods what rwhp do you think am putting down?

am going to be running 100 octane, does a higher octane do any thing for a basic bolt-on car?

Thanks
Eric
Run it in 3rd. Locking the converter is DEFINETLY up for debate. But if you are not tuning it, then all locking the converter will do is give you a "bragging" number. Runing it unlocked is safer for the converter. I would guess your rwhp to be around 320ish. a4's dyno lower than m6's.