Dynamometer Results & Comparisons Dyno Records | Dyno Discussion | Dyno Wars

First time to dyno

Search this Thread

Old 06-19-2006, 09:13 AM
Teching In

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default First time to dyno

I put my car on the dyno Sat. It was 315 HP. It's got a lid, SLP headers, Slowmasters & a tune. Everything else is stock. I've been told by everyone to take off the Flowmaster. One question I have is my ABS INOP light came on during the Dyno & hasn't gone off. What would cause that to come on? Thanks for the help.
Old 06-19-2006, 07:10 PM
TECH Regular

Mine did that. All that happened was it got unplugged at the back, near the drivers side rear tire. Check that and see if its the problem.
Old 06-19-2006, 10:00 PM
11 Second Club

Originally Posted by ScottF
One question I have is my ABS INOP light came on during the Dyno & hasn't gone off. What would cause that to come on? Thanks for the help.
The light turns on cause the car thinks there is a problem with the ABS system when the front wheels aren't moving and the rear ones spinning. This is normal, and did the same thing on my FWD GTP when I dynoed it. However, the light should have shut off after driving it a few feet or more. Some thing you should have looked into.
Old 06-20-2006, 08:30 AM
TECH Enthusiast

It is normal for the light to turn on during a dyno test but it should turn off again once you're on the street and all wheels are moving. The quote below is probably on track, somtimes the dyno's tie down axle strap gets wrapped around the left rear ABS cable and pulls the plug out, so check that out first.

Originally Posted by PewterWSSicc
Mine did that. All that happened was it got unplugged at the back, near the drivers side rear tire. Check that and see if its the problem.
Old 06-20-2006, 08:56 AM
Teching In

Took the car in yesterday afternoon. The ABS plug had gotten unplugged. Thanks for all the help.