Dynamometer Results & Comparisons Dyno Records | Dyno Discussion | Dyno Wars

"Dyno Dynamics" dynamometers?

Search this Thread

Old 05-09-2007, 04:49 PM
TECH Apprentice

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default "Dyno Dynamics" dynamometers?

Has anyone been on a "dyno dynamics" brand(http://www.dyno.com.au/dyno/controller/home) dyno? That's the only one available in our local area and was just wondering how their numbers compare, generally speaking, to DynoJet or Mustang setups? I know you can't directly compare numbers from one type to another, but just as Mustang dynos commonly post lower numbers than Dynojet, I'm wondering where this brand generally stands in comparison.

TIA...
Old 05-09-2007, 08:18 PM
Banned

I wouldnt worry to much about dyno numbers. I just got feedback from a customer's car we tuned two weeks ago. On our Mustang MD1100-SE, it made 428rwhp (Heads, Cam, Fast 90, 4L60E, 3.73:1 rear end, Yank 4000, 12 bolt, pull done with locked converter). With a 3400lb race weight, car went 10.7X at 124mph. Spark, air, and traction are more important than HP numbers on a dyno.
Old 05-09-2007, 09:02 PM
TECH Apprentice

Hey Mike. Yea, not a big deal - like I said I was just wondering where numbers from this kind of dyno generally fall in comparison to others, curiosity more than anything. I'm looking to get a base line done on the car as it sits bone stock. I've already had it to the track in that state and am happy with those numbers at least *L*.
Old 05-09-2007, 09:32 PM
Staging Lane

DynoDynamics generally read 12-15% lower then a DynoJet.

They are a much much better dyno tho and for tuning there is almost nothing better IMO.
Old 05-09-2007, 09:57 PM
TECH Apprentice

Cool, thanks!
Old 05-10-2007, 04:13 PM
Banned

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Originally Posted by FlipFlopWS6
DynoDynamics generally read 12-15% lower then a DynoJet.

They are a much much better dyno tho and for tuning there is almost nothing better IMO.
How can you say that when they have operator entered correction factors? You can make them "read" whatever you want, basically. You can actually make them "read" higher from what I understand.
I do agree they are great tools for steady state tuning. Much like the mustangs, same principal. Eddy current.
Old 05-10-2007, 05:43 PM
LS1Tech Sponsor

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts

It's in how the dyno is programmed.Shops around here vary alot between the different dyno's with a Mustang Dyno giving the most hp.

dyno Dynamics is a very nice setup.I was ussing one down at PRI and was very happy with it. Hopefully soon we'll be getting one for loading our high hp cars since our Dynojet can't handle it.
Old 05-10-2007, 06:28 PM
11 Second Club

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by edcmat-l1
How can you say that when they have operator entered correction factors? You can make them "read" whatever you want, basically. You can actually make them "read" higher from what I understand.
I do agree they are great tools for steady state tuning. Much like the mustangs, same principal. Eddy current.
Notice how he said generally?
Old 05-10-2007, 08:24 PM
TECH Resident

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by edcmat-l1
If anyone is worried about dyno dynamic operators fudging numbers.... just ask to run it on "shootout" mode. Takes that out of the equation.
Old 05-10-2007, 10:29 PM
Teching In

Originally Posted by BillWS6Formula
Has anyone been on a "dyno dynamics" brand(http://www.dyno.com.au/dyno/controller/home) dyno? That's the only one available in our local area and was just wondering how their numbers compare, generally speaking, to DynoJet or Mustang setups? I know you can't directly compare numbers from one type to another, but just as Mustang dynos commonly post lower numbers than Dynojet, I'm wondering where this brand generally stands in comparison.

TIA...
Yes, I have used a Dyno Dynamics, Dynapack, Dynojet, and a Mustang Dyno.

The Dyno Dynamics will read lower numbers compared to the others, but it is far superior for tuning purposes. Just like the Mustang Dyno, it is a load based dyno rather than the inertia based of the dynojet and the hub dyno of the dynapack.

The graphs are very detailed, even more so that the Mustang Dyno and you can simulate almost any road condition. It is a very sophisticated machine, but it should be since the 4wd version of it costs ~$120k.
Old 05-11-2007, 03:39 PM
6600 rpm clutch dump of death Administrator

Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts

I was introduced to them in Australia. That is all they use there. For SD tuning, its the only way to go. And y'all are correct, shootout mode locks out any fudging.

Its a very good dyno, and it will read 15-20% below a Dynojet.
Old 05-11-2007, 09:27 PM
10 Second Club

I dyno'd my AWD TB SS on a Dyno Dynamics dyno and almost fell to me knees when I saw the low numbers; 257 hp stock and 272 hp/284 tq after I tuned it. I didn't feel so bad when the operator told me a couple of modded Cobras that put down 500 rwhp plus on a local Dynojet only put down 420-430 rwhp on their dyno. It's affectionately called the "Heartbreaker".
Old 05-14-2007, 02:29 AM
Launching!

Have always used Dyno Dynamics its the industry std here a great tuning tool heres one in action with my car on it mind you I would take the dynojet numbers if I could,
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3p6HUsyP8_Y
Old 05-14-2007, 10:36 AM
TECH Apprentice

Thanks for all the input, much appreciated!
Old 05-14-2007, 07:31 PM
TECH Apprentice

I bought the Dyno Dynamics machine that was at PRI, it was at the time the first windows based machine with the bluetooth wireless hand held in the US. It has been a great dyno and I love it.

Quick Reply: "Dyno Dynamics" dynamometers?