Dynamometer Results & Comparisons Dyno Records | Dyno Discussion | Dyno Wars

Dyno??

Old 04-21-2008, 01:06 PM
11 Second Club

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Default Dyno??

Are my 18" wheels killing my dyno numbers. If I put 16's on would I get a higher reading. Thanks
Old 04-21-2008, 01:29 PM
TECH Addict

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

It might change a small amount if they are heavy wheels (because they take more power to accelerate), but it will not make a big difference.

Jim
Old 04-21-2008, 01:36 PM
11 Second Club

Originally Posted by DeltaT
It might change a small amount if they are heavy wheels (because they take more power to accelerate), but it will not make a big difference.

Jim
There 18" Rebels which are kinda heavy.
Old 04-21-2008, 08:54 PM
TECH Senior Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

The number isn't significant if you are only doing it for a number bro. If you dyno with the 16's to get a higher dyno, then put the 18's back on, what's the point ?? Bragging rights.

I had to learn the hard way man. My driveline is pretty dyno friendly. Reduced parasitic loss via ud pully, and ewp. Carbon fiber drive shaft, M6, 3.42 gear in a built DTE stg III with all the bells and whistles, also an Exedy twin plate. Great dyno numbers, but didn't ET to well at the track due to poor 60 times (driver mod needed) Did however trap 123.6 mph into a stout headwind, so that gives you a bit of an idea of her potential. A4 guys with h/c etc etc, big stall, and gears always dog my times. With numbers like that why aren't you in the 10's ?? LOL. With all that rambling, numbers are just numbers. Good luck on getting the numbers you are looking for.
Old 04-22-2008, 05:13 PM
11 Second Club

Originally Posted by allngn_c5
The number isn't significant if you are only doing it for a number bro. If you dyno with the 16's to get a higher dyno, then put the 18's back on, what's the point ?? Bragging rights.

I had to learn the hard way man. My driveline is pretty dyno friendly. Reduced parasitic loss via ud pully, and ewp. Carbon fiber drive shaft, M6, 3.42 gear in a built DTE stg III with all the bells and whistles, also an Exedy twin plate. Great dyno numbers, but didn't ET to well at the track due to poor 60 times (driver mod needed) Did however trap 123.6 mph into a stout headwind, so that gives you a bit of an idea of her potential. A4 guys with h/c etc etc, big stall, and gears always dog my times. With numbers like that why aren't you in the 10's ?? LOL. With all that rambling, numbers are just numbers. Good luck on getting the numbers you are looking for.
Yea was just curious if bigger wheels will give me a lower dyno hp and tq reading than stock 16's. Thanks anyways.
Old 04-24-2008, 06:28 AM
11 Second Club

Anyone else wanna chime in?

Search this Thread