Dyno Guesses & Bench Racing Forum Horsepower Estimates | Racing Scenarios

You VS AWD

Search this Thread

Old 11-15-2008, 06:18 PM
12 Second Club

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default You VS AWD

When you guys go race AWD cars how long does it take you to catch back up with them? I will be going to street wars tomorrow and I think AWD will rape me till we get up in speed am I correct, AWD cars have all 4 wheels powering them at all times correct? my friends say only 2 wheels power them but I don't believe they are tru anyhelp is good help at this point

What do stock STi's and Evo's run?
Old 11-15-2008, 06:20 PM
12 Second Club

not sure of what STi's and evos run, but for the most part an all wheel drive car will not exactly always pull on you. It will depend on the car, and the mods on the car.

I know a guy who has a evo, and he does not pull on me...
and if he would start I will hit the juice... LOL...
Old 11-15-2008, 06:48 PM
Launching!

Originally Posted by nitr0racing21
When you guys go race AWD cars how long does it take you to catch back up with them? I will be going to street wars tomorrow and I think AWD will rape me till we get up in speed am I correct, AWD cars have all 4 wheels powering them at all times correct? my friends say only 2 wheels power them but I don't believe they are tru anyhelp is good help at this point

What do stock STi's and Evo's run?
First off, your friend sais AWD vehicles are only powered by two wheels? Does the term ALL WHEEL DRIVE mean anything to him?? lol

In All Wheel Drive, all four of the wheels are distributed power at all times. Some distribute the power to the front and rear diferently. For example, some have 60% percent in the rear, and 40% in the front, it differs from what car you are talking about.

I had a 1991 Syclone, and I would spank the *** all the way to about 75 MPH, and then, depending on what I was racing, they would pull on me. I only got pulled on a few times though, by a Vette, T/A, and a Cobra. Other than that I made enough lengths to win!

Now that I have my T/A, I'm pretty sure that if I get a good enough start, then I'll be able to keep up with them at the launch then pull on them at speed. Then of course, that all depends on what mods the car you are racing has.

If any of my info is wrong, or if anyone dissagrees with anything I put, I am sorry in advance! lol Just bash me for it and I will be on my way!

j.Smallen
Old 11-16-2008, 12:03 AM
12 Second Club

i raced one wrx before and it got me out of the hole with me babying my car and by mid 2nd gear i went right on by
Old 11-16-2008, 06:29 PM
11 Second Club

when id have my drag radials on the street, they usually try to catch up to me the whole time. i get them out of the hole and all the way down the road lol. awd with 4cyl hp and tq means nothing when you have m/t dr's and 362 ft lbs of tq powering your car. having the driver mod usually helps too
Old 11-17-2008, 01:35 PM
TECH Apprentice

Anytime I have raced an AWD car, I had slicks on, so they had no chance to begin with.
Old 11-25-2008, 10:11 PM
12 Second Club

my 15,s>awd
Old 11-25-2008, 10:21 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

First off, let's not confuse automatic AWD with Real-Time AWD. Real-time is essentially 4WD that does not offer a 4-low. It always powers all 4 wheels symmetrically. Automatic AWD is basically 2WD that transfers power to the other 2 wheels based on need (think limited slip involving 4 wheels).

As for me, I need some length to catch up. When I went to Redline, this STI I raced shot out of the hole. It took almost the entire 1/8 to pass him. He stayed almost a half of a car length in front of me right off the line. No, he wasn't stock. With some DR's on my '98, it wouldn't have been a pretty sight for him though. Punching it under 50 results in zero traction with this 4000 stall. And you can feel the tires scrambling to maintain grip at any speed under 80mph.

Quick Reply: You VS AWD