Dyno Guesses & Bench Racing Forum Horsepower Estimates | Racing Scenarios

Turbo 240 vs. me?

Search this Thread

Old 03-04-2009, 06:17 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Turbo 240 vs. me?

I know this guy that I used to work with and he wants to race me. His car is a 93 240 KA motor with t70 turbo on 12 psi. I am wondering if any of you guys know what this thing has hp wise? and if I race him should I better borrow my friends gogo juice. This was built by him so I'm not sure of the build quality or tuning. On a side note I raced his bros 240 last year that they said "should" have 400 and I walked it so freaking bad from a 30 roll. I wish it was on camera and it was supposed to be but the camera they were using supposedly quit working. Sorry for the long story well 2 make it short should I be worried about this car or not.
Old 03-04-2009, 10:23 PM
Launching!

i built a turbo ka 240 a few years back i didn't have a very big turbo but it was quick, but not ls1 quick, and you beat his bro's car then i would guess this guy probably built a similar car. they are fun but its like any other 4 banger, to be on par with a modded ls1 they better bring their A game. and by that i mean great build, and suspension, and driver mod.
Old 03-05-2009, 09:33 PM
Staging Lane

if its put together right it could be close. KA's cant handle the boost real well so it could break on the race as well haha. watch out for the sr20's though. tuned right they can do 10's at 20psi. easy.
Old 03-05-2009, 10:21 PM
Launching!

Originally Posted by boilertwinkie
if its put together right it could be close. KA's cant handle the boost real well so it could break on the race as well haha. watch out for the sr20's though. tuned right they can do 10's at 20psi. easy.
whoa whoa whoa, way false info, the rods in a KA are like twice as thick as a SR. the ka24de is a much better engine for boost. if you have a ka and sr with the same boost, the ka will make much more power, it is 20% larger for one thing. a sr will snap a rod much faster than a ka. truth be told you better watch out for the boosted ka24det, before a sr20det. but either one will move pretty good if set up right, a 240sx will weigh about 2700, so they are quite a bit lighter
Old 03-05-2009, 11:10 PM
***Repost Police***

Originally Posted by the jester 812
whoa whoa whoa, way false info, the rods in a KA are like twice as thick as a SR. the ka24de is a much better engine for boost. if you have a ka and sr with the same boost, the ka will make much more power, it is 20% larger for one thing. a sr will snap a rod much faster than a ka. truth be told you better watch out for the boosted ka24det, before a sr20det. but either one will move pretty good if set up right, a 240sx will weigh about 2700, so they are quite a bit lighter
x2... a 240SX with the stock motor and a well-tuned T3/T4 would be a very fun car, and pretty responsive too.
Old 03-05-2009, 11:50 PM
TECH Enthusiast

They guy is supposed to call me in the next few days after he gets his car dynoed and tuned. He knows exactly what my car has and will run so if he calls me he probably makes same or more hp than me. If he don't then I guess he thinks he can't beat me...I hope he calls I want to see if it runs or crawls. A lil side note I will be shooting 100 shot of dope in my motor. Haha he doesn't know that though.
Old 03-06-2009, 07:49 PM
Launching!

3.90's, lid, exhaust, and a 100 shot, and your suspension, he better bring his A game. make sure you throw some tires on your car and go for it, i think you'll have him but would be interesting to see, try to get vids

Quick Reply: Turbo 240 vs. me?