Dyno Guesses & Bench Racing Forum Horsepower Estimates | Racing Scenarios

Odd question my car vs friends camaro

Search this Thread

Old 08-05-2009, 11:07 PM
12 Second Club

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Default Odd question my car vs friends camaro

Alright mods in sig, running off a mail order tune with no ls6 intake and stock injectors. My friend has basically the same car as me except no cam or head work, he has a slp 98 camaro, has around the same mileage as me, 6speed, headers back exhaust and is tuned for it obviously from slp. Racing its about 2-3car lengths difference from me and him, the higher we go up in speed, say around 130, the more I will pull but im just wondering if that seems about right or if something seems off? Should I be pulling more then that or does that seem like a respectable difference from my car with my mods and a mail order.
Old 08-06-2009, 12:08 AM
12 Second Club

Seriously? this is such a general question and no one has any thoughts lol
Old 08-06-2009, 01:17 AM
12 Second Club

Oh, forgot, he has 3.73 gears also.
Old 08-06-2009, 07:42 AM
Administrator

Received 5 Likes on 3 Posts

You should be pulling much harder on him. You need a good custom tune to optimize your setup.
Old 08-06-2009, 08:58 AM
11 Second Club

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Wonder if your injectors are maxed out as well. You really should have gotten a good tune after a cam install like that.
Old 08-06-2009, 09:13 AM
Administrator

Originally Posted by Gaunt
Wonder if your injectors are maxed out as well. You really should have gotten a good tune after a cam install like that.
I'll never understand why people beat on their cars without a real tune in them. That's one of the reasons I won't buy a used car...you
never know what the previous owner did to it.
Old 08-06-2009, 12:00 PM
12 Second Club

Originally Posted by unit213
I'll never understand why people beat on their cars without a real tune in them. That's one of the reasons I won't buy a used car...you
never know what the previous owner did to it.
Yes my injectors are getting maxed and it's on a mail order smartass.. I'm getting a dyno tune after I get the injectors and ls6 intake, would you rather drive around UNTUNNED? or at least have a mail order? I didn't have another $1000 to blow on a intake,injectors, and dynotune so I just picked up the mail order for now.
Old 08-06-2009, 12:26 PM
Administrator

Originally Posted by fccs
Yes my injectors are getting maxed and it's on a mail order smartass.. I'm getting a dyno tune after I get the injectors and ls6 intake, would you rather drive around UNTUNNED? or at least have a mail order? I didn't have another $1000 to blow on a intake,injectors, and dynotune so I just picked up the mail order for now.
Listen. You posted looking for opinions. You got them. Now don't get all pissy and start calling people names like an 8th grade girl.

First off, driving on a mail order tune is completely different than racing on a mail order tune. You're safe to drive on a mail order tune. Beating on your car when it doesn't have a real tune in it is just stupid.

BTW, it's "tuned" not "tunned."

Good luck with you car.
Old 08-06-2009, 12:31 PM
12 Second Club

Originally Posted by unit213
Listen. You posted looking for opinions. You got them. Now don't get all pissy and start calling people names like an 8th grade girl.

First off, driving on a mail order tune is completely different than racing on a mail order tune. You're safe to drive on a mail order tune. Beating on your car when it doesn't have a real tune in it is just stupid.

BTW, it's "tuned" not "tunned."

Good luck with you car.
You have a mustang and your always the sarcastic one giving people opinions, I never understood that one? I guess you had a fbody at one time but whatever. And yes as said before I know I need a dyno tune, I asked for a opinion if im pulling about right FOR WHAT I HAVE aka the mail order tune is also something I have. Not asking for people to tell me what to buy to make it pull like it should, I asked if it seems to be pulling right for what I have currently..
Old 08-06-2009, 01:31 PM
Staging Lane

what he's telling you is right. Don't beat on it until you get a good tune in. You're not as fast as you should be, and you may be messing things up. Just wait until you have the money.
Old 08-06-2009, 11:05 PM
Launching!

you'd think someone who has been around as long as the OP would realize that UNIT has a fair amount of knowledge, and would just take whatever was said with a grain of salt.
Old 08-06-2009, 11:34 PM
12 Second Club

Originally Posted by the jester 812
you'd think someone who has been around as long as the OP would realize that UNIT has a fair amount of knowledge, and would just take whatever was said with a grain of salt.
I know he does, and he's usually right on what he says, he just answers sarcastically all the time ahah. And I asked about now, not advice on getting a tune or mods. I don't like it when people bud in and start saying what to do or buy, when I usually have that planned anyways.
Old 08-07-2009, 11:04 AM
11 Second Club

I know he does, and he's usually right on what he says, he just answers sarcastically all the time ahah. And I asked about now, not advice on getting a tune or mods. I don't like it when people bud in and start saying what to do or buy, when I usually have that planned anyways.
Unit answered your question, and offered a remedy.

If you didn't want somebodys opinion, you really shouldn't have posted on a forum...where people's opinions are shared...

And yes, it isn't the brightest idea to do WOT runs on the highway with a mail order tune on your mods. Don't be offended by it, just get a real tune if you can and take it easy
Old 08-07-2009, 12:14 PM
TECH Fanatic

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

LS1 intake, stock gears, and a mail-order tune. Why, again, did you go with a heads and cam setup? Make sure you've got the supporting bolt-ons first. Without them and proper tuning a heads/cam car will run like ****, like yours. So yeah, it runs like it should for a setup that is half-assed. Unit213 is absolutely right.

And SLP never tuned the cars they modified for GM.
Old 08-07-2009, 08:42 PM
12 Second Club

Originally Posted by Marc 85Z28
LS1 intake, stock gears, and a mail-order tune. Why, again, did you go with a heads and cam setup? Make sure you've got the supporting bolt-ons first. Without them and proper tuning a heads/cam car will run like ****, like yours. So yeah, it runs like it should for a setup that is half-assed. Unit213 is absolutely right.

And SLP never tuned the cars they modified for GM.
And your specs of your car are? I have everything except the ls6 intake and a dyno tune dumbshit. Didnt have money to change it at the time so im waiting until next year. And your the kind of person id love to have a run with because you would still loose, running your mouth like that at least
Old 08-07-2009, 08:52 PM
Launching!

And your specs of your car are? I have everything except the ls6 intake and a dyno tune dumbshit. Didnt have money to change it at the time so im waiting until next year. And your the kind of person id love to have a run with because you would still loose, running your mouth like that at least

What is up with guy calling everybody names????? About time to lock this thread IMO
Old 08-07-2009, 09:04 PM
12 Second Club

Well alot of people come in here and don't even read the original topic or question and just answer and egg on by saying blah blah you need a tune and intake.. yes I KNOW this. I wanted to know if that seems right for what I have CURRENTLY, not what I should get, I don't give a **** on what people say I should get, I know already I need to pickup a intake and dynotune, this isnt new news to me. I asked if it seemed about right on a mail order with a ls1 intake, but nevermind, if any admins come in just lock this because people arent throwing thoughts if it seems right or not. Just criticizing comments about getting a intake and dyno tune, which I intend to do anyways but that isnt the fricken question.
Old 08-07-2009, 09:04 PM
TECH Fanatic

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

My heads/cam car has all the necessary bolt-ons, proper gearing, and a real dyno tune. It runs well. You may want to do a little more work before picking on a high 10 second car Stick to the bolt on guys for now
Old 08-07-2009, 11:32 PM
12 Second Club

Originally Posted by Marc 85Z28
My heads/cam car has all the necessary bolt-ons, proper gearing, and a real dyno tune. It runs well. You may want to do a little more work before picking on a high 10 second car Stick to the bolt on guys for now
Glad you have money to spend then, I don't right now so thats why im waiting for this.
Old 08-08-2009, 10:38 AM
Launching!

wow this thread got a lot more posts than i thought it would

Quick Reply: Odd question my car vs friends camaro