Dyno Guesses & Bench Racing Forum Horsepower Estimates | Racing Scenarios

2011 Mustang

Search this Thread

Old 06-04-2010, 12:34 AM
TECH Senior Member

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Default 2011 Mustang

It's on boys. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=c62zJ...layer_embedded

Prepare for Ford to be workin over some chevy *** for a while.
Old 06-04-2010, 12:54 AM
TECH Regular

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

That's an impressive time.
M6 or A6?
Old 06-04-2010, 12:57 AM
Staging Lane

About time
Old 06-04-2010, 01:14 AM
TECH Fanatic

another amazing evolution video. i wanna see what a joe blow mustang runs. not a shop car
Old 06-04-2010, 01:49 AM
TECH Senior Member

^^^ couldnt agree more, best parts, probably a 30 hr tune, a kick *** driver

replace that with bolt in flowmasters, nittos and a guy who THINKS he can drive and were back into a 13 second mustang.

With the right stuff the car runs awesome, but 99.99999% of these cars will never see anything close to a 10.97. I have never seen a mod list on any of EVolutions videos either detailing whats done so who knows what kind of work is done suspension wise too, im willing to bet its a shitty daily driver already.
Old 06-04-2010, 01:58 AM
TECH Fanatic

Originally Posted by itsslow98

replace that with bolt in flowmasters, nittos and a guy who THINKS he can drive and were back into a 13 second mustang.

With the right stuff the car runs awesome, but 99.99999% of these cars will never see anything close to a 10.97. I have never seen a mod list on any of EVolutions videos either detailing whats done so who knows what kind of work is done suspension wise too, im willing to bet its a shitty daily driver already.
finally! Someone with some sense around here...
Old 06-04-2010, 02:17 AM
Launching!

YES!!! What this guy said x1019384940.

Couldn't have said it better myself.
Old 06-04-2010, 02:44 AM
Staging Lane

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

God I can't wait for these things to start becoming common on the streets! <greedily rubbing hands together>
Old 06-04-2010, 02:54 AM
TECH Addict

Another Mustang thread.

And here comes more wishful thinking... It is what it is guys... really. I wouldn't expect to see many 13 second 2011GT's on Nitto's, that's for sure. They're capable of mid-high 12's completely stock... oh well.
Old 06-04-2010, 02:59 AM
TECH Senior Member

Originally Posted by DiscerningZ32
That's an impressive time.
M6 or A6?
Just watch the video, it's obviously a stick car...

Originally Posted by got-a-ls1
another amazing evolution video. i wanna see what a joe blow mustang runs. not a shop car

Originally Posted by black_phoenix
finally! Someone with some sense around here...
Originally Posted by Pitbull329
YES!!! What this guy said x1019384940.

Couldn't have said it better myself.
While I partly agree, what you guys are FAILING to realize. Is that a lt1, ls1, ls2, ls3 in a STOCK car, and a STOCK longblock would never even come close to this.

Not in a million years.

That car has BOLT ONS... That's it! and its knocking down 10's.

It's not a gutted tin can either, sure they did some weight reduction but nothing like some of the "bolt on record" chasers in the F body world.

You put that engine in a 2800lb car, braked auto, big stall, big gear and see what happens. It's gonna go mid / low 10's.

I dont care how much us chevy fans want to deny it, that's damn impressive.

This engine is a bad mother ******. We will just have to see if it holds up. If it does I will own one some day.

Would I get rid of my F body for one? No, but how badass would it be to have a fast camaro AND a fast mustang? I dont care what the badge on the front says, when I see something run this well, I have to give respect....

Here's just a little more food for thought on the new 5.0L

1. 4-bolt nodular iron main caps with 2 side bolts (Basically a 6-bolt main like an LSx motor)
2. Forged crankshaft
3. Piston squirters to cool the pistons
4. crossover coolant passage re-routed through the block instead of the intake to cool the intake better.
5. Forged powdered metal rods
6. hypereutectic pistons
7. The base 5.0 cylinder heads outflow the GT500 heads by 4 percent
8. From 3750rpm-6500rpm the motor is over 100% volumetric efficiency. At peak torque it is at 110 percent.
9. 8-quart oil capacity with a built in windage tray.
Old 06-04-2010, 03:01 AM
TECH Senior Member

And as far as your comments on what the "joe blows" mustangs run. That's already been tested too. 12.70's on street tires and 12.50's on slicks.

as delivered right down to the paper filter.

It's easy to see how you could have an EASY 11 sec car with bolt ons, tune, and drag wheels.

Quite the weekend warrior
Old 06-04-2010, 03:50 AM
TECH Senior Member

Originally Posted by gregrob
Just watch the video, it's obviously a stick car...

While I partly agree, what you guys are FAILING to realize. Is that a lt1, ls1, ls2, ls3 in a STOCK car, and a STOCK longblock would never even come close to this.

Not in a million years.

That car has BOLT ONS... That's it! and its knocking down 10's.

It's not a gutted tin can either, sure they did some weight reduction but nothing like some of the "bolt on record" chasers in the F body world.

You put that engine in a 2800lb car, braked auto, big stall, big gear and see what happens. It's gonna go mid / low 10's.

I dont care how much us chevy fans want to deny it, that's damn impressive.

This engine is a bad mother ******. We will just have to see if it holds up. If it does I will own one some day.

Would I get rid of my F body for one? No, but how badass would it be to have a fast camaro AND a fast mustang? I dont care what the badge on the front says, when I see something run this well, I have to give respect....

Here's just a little more food for thought on the new 5.0L

1. 4-bolt nodular iron main caps with 2 side bolts (Basically a 6-bolt main like an LSx motor)
2. Forged crankshaft
3. Piston squirters to cool the pistons
4. crossover coolant passage re-routed through the block instead of the intake to cool the intake better.
5. Forged powdered metal rods
6. hypereutectic pistons
7. The base 5.0 cylinder heads outflow the GT500 heads by 4 percent
8. From 3750rpm-6500rpm the motor is over 100% volumetric efficiency. At peak torque it is at 110 percent.
9. 8-quart oil capacity with a built in windage tray.
We know the stock clutch gave out during the first two track outings.

And it REALLY wouldnt be badass at all to have a fast camaro and fast mustang(if there is such a thing)
Old 06-04-2010, 03:52 AM
TECH Senior Member

We know the stock clutch gave out during the first two track outings.

And it REALLY wouldnt be badass at all to have a fast camaro and fast mustang(if there is such a thing)
Whats your point about the clutch? That it obviously makes enough power with bolt ons to destroy a stock clutch? I agree.

Yes it would.
Old 06-04-2010, 03:56 AM
Teching In

I was about to say....Clutch much? haha
Old 06-04-2010, 04:08 AM
Staging Lane

Best parts? The cars has little to NO aftermarket, so how can it have the "best parts". C&L just came out with the first CAI for the damn thing. It has upper/lower control arms,tuned,cai,2 step,clutch,skinnies/slicks, and some weight reduction AKA a stock BOLT ON CAR. And its running a 10.97 naturally aspirated!!

I agree the average joe blow off the street wont run a 10.97 but give Joe these same exact mods and put the weight back in the car and I bet you will see Joe run 11.20-11.50's all damn day which is still crazy impressive! WAY faster than ANY Gen5 Camaro or Late model HEMI with similiar mods!!
Old 06-04-2010, 04:11 AM
Staging Lane

Lost me on this one....
Old 06-04-2010, 04:20 AM
10 Second Club

So how many different threads is this video going to be in. Look around a bit before you post jackass.
Old 06-04-2010, 04:22 AM
TECH Senior Member

EAD jackass. Excuse me your heiness but if you've already seen this video feel free to move on without running your smart mouth.

I have seen the nitrous videos of this car but this is the first N/A 10 sec one I've seen.

Get a life
Old 06-04-2010, 04:29 AM
Staging Lane

Originally Posted by 402GOAT
So how many different threads is this video going to be in. Look around a bit before you post jackass.
This video has been out for a day or so. Like the OP just said, this isnt the same as the other vids which were on nitrous. I have been searching for it on here and havent came across it yet until this thread. I wanted to post it as soon as it dropped, but I didnt want to hear all the bitchassness and from people like you.
Old 06-04-2010, 04:30 AM
10 Second Club

Originally Posted by gregrob
EAD jackass. Excuse me your heiness but if you've already seen this video feel free to move on without running your smart mouth.

I have seen the nitrous videos of this car but this is the first N/A 10 sec one I've seen.

Get a life
Ahhh. I liked your first response better. What made ya change it cry baby.
Find some vids of a real car. Not a shops chopped up racecar that has things done no one will ever know about *******.

Quick Reply: 2011 Mustang