Dyno Guesses & Bench Racing Forum Horsepower Estimates | Racing Scenarios

Roll Racing Vs Dig Racing/LS1 TECHERs come in

Old 01-11-2011, 01:27 PM
On The Tree

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Roll Racing Vs Dig Racing/LS1 TECHERs come in

Ok guys there is mad talk on FaceBook from this guy who wants to race me only from a dig. I told him since the weather is bad it would be beneficial for the both of us to do it from a roll at when ever mph he wants.

He then goes on to say I'm a ***** because I won't run him from a dig. What is your guys input on this situation.

My car is a bolt on ls1 with a cam. 402 rwhp 377 rwtq.

His car is a 69 camaro with a small block 350 with unknown mods.
Old 01-11-2011, 01:41 PM
TECH Senior Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Been discussed tons of times, search.

Dig is the only thing that matters and shows which car is properly built. I guess if you want to **** around and not see what the cars are truly capable of, do some rolls.
Old 01-11-2011, 01:51 PM
TECH Fanatic

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I prefer dig racing because it shows how well a car is setup and how well the driver is at handling his won car.

roll racing is for neons and imports, so if I want to race a neon it is usually from a 50-60 roll. I don't like to do it, but at the same time a dig would be ugly for them.

It sounds to me like you know your car isn't good from a dig, get your car setup better and go from a dig, it doesn't take much to get our cars to hook. If you have a 6 speed then save up for a good rearend and some 4.10's with some sticky tires.

He wants a dig, you want a roll....Why not do both?
Old 01-11-2011, 02:06 PM
On The Tree

Well thats what I told him. I said why not do both. And yes my car is no good from a dig. I've been able to pull off a best of a 1.8 60ft on nitto extreme drags. I'm still on the stock 10 bolt so that kind of deters me from putting on a stickier tire. This race is for money so thats why I'm inquiring peoples opinion. From what I know his car is set up for drag racing only. As for me I long them long gear pulls on the freeway.

I feel that roll racing shows a cars true horse power potential, but thats just me. But on the other hand I feel what you guys are saying. Maybe this race will never happen I don't want to lose my money.
Old 01-11-2011, 02:06 PM
TECH Enthusiast

In this weather, you're bound to spin if you launch it worth a damn. But if you have to do a dig, your best bet is to get your ET Streets on and heat them up well. If possible, a blowtorch for heating the ground up.

Had a close call in the TA going from a dig back in February of last year. Now, if the grounds cold we're not risking it; I must be a Vag.

cold street = roll only
warm street = whatever.
Old 01-11-2011, 02:26 PM
TECH Senior Member

Originally Posted by eduardo
Well thats what I told him. I said why not do both. And yes my car is no good from a dig. I've been able to pull off a best of a 1.8 60ft on nitto extreme drags. I'm still on the stock 10 bolt so that kind of deters me from putting on a stickier tire. This race is for money so thats why I'm inquiring peoples opinion. From what I know his car is set up for drag racing only. As for me I long them long gear pulls on the freeway.

I feel that roll racing shows a cars true horse power potential, but thats just me. But on the other hand I feel what you guys are saying. Maybe this race will never happen I don't want to lose my money.
Key word in last sentence... POTENTIAL, not what it really does. Even at that,from anything under 50 mph, rwhp means very little if within 40rwhp of one another.
A dig is the only way to show what a cap is truly capable of.. it takes everything into factor not just one or two variables.
Old 01-11-2011, 02:35 PM
On The Tree

Ya true with the above statement. But like I've explained to the guy the weather isn't suitable for dig race especially on the street. Would you guys ever decline a race from a roll and if so what what be your reasons. Can you guys please explain.
Old 01-11-2011, 03:30 PM
TECH Senior Member

Ya true with the above statement. But like I've explained to the guy the weather isn't suitable for dig race especially on the street. Would you guys ever decline a race from a roll and if so what what be your reasons. Can you guys please explain.
I would and have declined many roll races, I always decline a roll race if money is being bet, dig or nothing.
The simple reason is because a roll doesn't factor in suspension tq gearing power band etc tcetc etc etc like a dig does. A dig is the only way to measure which car is properly built, not which car spent more on HP parts.
Old 01-11-2011, 04:40 PM
11 Second Club

Received 21 Likes on 17 Posts

Rolls are more "messing around" IMO.

I raced a 450+rwhp cobra last weekend from a dig...held him off until over 100 but then he came around. I won the traction battle.

Learn to drive your car to fit the conditions or put it off until its warm. Does it even get cold in CA?
Old 01-11-2011, 04:44 PM
TECH Junkie

Received 14 Likes on 5 Posts

From a dig or nothing at all.
Old 01-11-2011, 04:59 PM
On The Tree

I guess you guys are right. I'm gonna race him a dig. I'll have a video for you guys. Should we do best out of three or how do you guys usually set up your races.

And to the question above it's currently been high 20's low 30's here in California.
Old 01-11-2011, 05:22 PM
TECH Senior Member

Run what you brung, one race.
If you lose, fix your problem and ask for a rematch in a week or two. I won't do three races because it isn't worth getting caught for. Two max imo and only if you are sure you are clear.

Id rather lose from a dig than win from a roll.. At least I'm really racing
Old 01-12-2011, 10:32 AM
Teching In

Originally Posted by silverz28camaro
I prefer dig racing because it shows how well a car is setup and how well the driver is at handling his own car.
Originally Posted by lemons12
A dig is the only way to show what a car is truly capable of.. it takes everything into factor not just one or two variables.
Originally Posted by lemons12
A dig is the only way to measure which car is properly built, not which car spent more on HP parts.
Originally Posted by thunderstruck507
Rolls are more "messing around" IMO.
Originally Posted by MYSTIC-1SC
From a dig or nothing at all.
Dig Racing FTW.
Old 01-12-2011, 01:23 PM
TECH Fanatic

I only decline roll races against DSM cars that are all wheel drive, I had a few with hoosier tires on all four corners decline a dig race against my camaro, so I declined the roll....kinda sad for him
Old 01-12-2011, 01:34 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Received 12 Likes on 11 Posts

race from a dig with the loser's choice to go double or nothing.....that way, if you lose because of a missed gear or spinning, you will have a 2nd race to win your money back plus his.....if he beats you even though you got a good launch/shifts, you'll know he was just the faster car
Old 01-12-2011, 02:47 PM
TECH Senior Member

Thats why i want a car that can kick *** from a dig and a roll..
Old 01-12-2011, 03:03 PM
On The Tree

well this is how they want it. 3 digs races, and 3 roll races. Will see what happenes.
Old 01-12-2011, 03:38 PM
Teching In

If the weather is cold dont even bother ( roll or dig).. cuz once he gets back to his keyboard in front of him, regardless of the outcome, hes goin to talk **** about this that and the other thing about weather his car did this and that or whatever. Roll races are for bitches i think.. 1 race from a dig, throw some money on it!
Old 01-12-2011, 03:41 PM
TECH Senior Member

6 races!? That is asking for trouble.. whether cops or breaking ****. No way Jose in my book.
Old 01-12-2011, 07:26 PM
TECH Apprentice

ive said it once, ill say it again...Rolls are for fat bitches and bakerys

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: Roll Racing Vs Dig Racing/LS1 TECHERs come in