Dyno Guesses & Bench Racing Forum Horsepower Estimates | Racing Scenarios

New mods, tons of fun. How much power?

Search this Thread

Old 11-12-2011, 03:51 PM
Teching In

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default New mods, tons of fun. How much power?

I have not posted in quite a while, so I figured this was a good way to get back into the swing of things. I just bought:
FAST 92/92
Trickflow 220 (not milled)
HSW wet kit
Racetronix fuel pump and 60lb injectors
I'll have all of the goodies by the end of the week and will start the teardown/build up by mid next week. Can't wait for the fun. I'm thinking that I'll be around the 500rwhp NA and over 600 with the nitrous. We shall see. Any suggestions or ideas on how much power?? I know that it's all about the timeslip, but is 500rwhp N/A realistic w/ this setup?
Old 11-12-2011, 04:10 PM
10 Second Club

Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts

500 rwhp *MAY* have been possible if they were milled and you had a 10 bolt rear end. I am seeing 470-480 rwhp.
Old 11-12-2011, 05:20 PM
Teching In

My thoughts exactly. The having the 5 at the front of the hp number would be nice though. I'm sure that i could give Vengeance a call and have the heads milled before they are mailed out. I ordered the heads yesterday and Vengeance said they would take 1 1/2 weeks or so b4 they ship.
Old 11-12-2011, 05:35 PM
On The Tree

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

It might hurt the flow a TINY bit, but the bump in compression will more than make up for it.

Nice mod list. Sounds like a fun setup! I can't wait to drive mine. I've spent a lot on parts while I've been deployed. Still got a few months left before I can get home to my new toy
Old 11-12-2011, 05:59 PM
TECH Addict

Received 10 Likes on 10 Posts

I did my H/C swap back in June and I must say it was kinda fun, but I sure wouldn't want to do it again any time soon. Working on 4th gens sucks! I'd have the heads milled for sure.
Old 11-12-2011, 06:04 PM
Teching In

Originally Posted by 98SSClone
It might hurt the flow a TINY bit, but the bump in compression will more than make up for it.

Nice mod list. Sounds like a fun setup! I can't wait to drive mine. I've spent a lot on parts while I've been deployed. Still got a few months left before I can get home to my new toy
Come home safe and happy late veterans day... I bought the car when i came home for R&R last June, and it has been a blast since i got done with the deployment in NOV '10. You're going to have lots of fun.

Quick Reply: New mods, tons of fun. How much power?