Dyno Guesses & Bench Racing Forum Horsepower Estimates | Racing Scenarios

SS vert VS 2011 5.0

Old 04-10-2012, 02:08 PM
Teching In

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default SS vert VS 2011 5.0

my uncle has a base 2011 5.0 with bbk headers, offroad h pipe, catback, intake and sct tune with stock 3.31 gears.

my mods are in sig, since then ive gone with an ory, doing a couple free mods here soon like tb bypass and bump stop, under drive pulley coming in a couple weeks, and also a bunch of weight reduction including rear seats, tunk liner, ac system and vert top motor.

my car feels pretty quick, but then again so does his. do i have a chance from a 20? 60? from a dig?
Old 04-10-2012, 07:40 PM
12 Second Club

I doubt very seriously your going to outrun him from any dig, I have about the same numbers as you, your best bet is running from 2nd gear high in the rpm. Now if he misses a gear your going to outrun him. Ive raced a buddy of mines 2012 5.0 about 6 times now. Before he did anything to it, It was whoever got going first, if he got out front, I couldnt run him down, if I got out front, he couldnt run me down. NOW that he has exhaust, CAI, stuff like that, hes quick, my best run was from a 2nd gear around 45mph dig and i nailed it, I could actually pull on him at that speed, I shift and he was losing ground, the pressure caused him to miss shifts. Not to mention those new 5.0 shifters SUCK, I know trust me, I work for Ford and there are no good reviews on the stock shifter for quick shifting. So good luck, but those new 5.0s are strong competition. In other words, dont put money on it, lol only bragging rights
Old 04-10-2012, 08:59 PM
Teching In

Originally Posted by 2000NemeSS
I doubt very seriously your going to outrun him from any dig, I have about the same numbers as you, your best bet is running from 2nd gear high in the rpm. Now if he misses a gear your going to outrun him. Ive raced a buddy of mines 2012 5.0 about 6 times now. Before he did anything to it, It was whoever got going first, if he got out front, I couldnt run him down, if I got out front, he couldnt run me down. NOW that he has exhaust, CAI, stuff like that, hes quick, my best run was from a 2nd gear around 45mph dig and i nailed it, I could actually pull on him at that speed, I shift and he was losing ground, the pressure caused him to miss shifts. Not to mention those new 5.0 shifters SUCK, I know trust me, I work for Ford and there are no good reviews on the stock shifter for quick shifting. So good luck, but those new 5.0s are strong competition. In other words, dont put money on it, lol only bragging rights
yea ive heard the same about the shifters. I have a billet plus on mine set for the shortest shifts possible so i think ill have him there lol he beat me back when i had my srt8 with only intake catback and tune, but not by much.

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: SS vert VS 2011 5.0