Eastern Members CT, DE, NH, NJ, NY, MA, ME, MD, PA, RI, VT, VA, WV

1/4 mile tracks in/near Richmond, VA

Search this Thread

Old 10-14-2008, 08:46 PM
Staging Lane

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Default 1/4 mile tracks in/near Richmond, VA

Hey guys, it's your LSX F-body's weird cousin, the LS4 W-body!

Anyway, just moved to Newport News and wanted to know about the tracks up in Richmond. Main question is (at Petersburg track) what is the difference between "Test and Tune" and "Street Wars" besides price. At the track in San Antonio, test and tune was basically as many runs as you wanted. Does it mean the same here? WTH then is Street Wars?

Thank you, and please forgive my extra two doors.

Very Respectfully,

Kevin
Old 10-15-2008, 06:28 PM
10 Second Club

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Hey man. I live in the Hampton and I have only been to VMP which is the track you are referring to in Petersburg. Test and Tune is basically what you think it is, you can just go and race for time and get a slip and thats it. The thing is that most of the time they have events with the test and tune portion of it being in between the rounds of eliminations for the event. The street wars event I believe is just a points system event that they have every week where you earn points and at the end of the season there is a champion. I am not 100% but I figure its bracket racing. Maybe someone else that knows will chime in here exactly what the street wars is. The only time at VMP I have seen that the entire day is just a test and tune with no event is in the spring time on some weekends and on thursday evenings I think it is. Maybe someone else will chime in here.
Old 10-15-2008, 06:55 PM
On The Tree

Unless Street Wars has changed, I have not been there in several years, it is a bracket style racing with a trophy given out. No points series for it.
Old 10-15-2008, 08:13 PM
TECH Enthusiast

You also have Richmond Dragway

They run a Friday Street Night usually every other Friday

This Friday is the last one, calling for rain here Friday so call the track before you leave

www.richmonddragway.com