Eastern Members CT, DE, NH, NJ, NY, MA, ME, MD, PA, RI, VT, VA, WV

My band finished our new CD - songs inside!

Search this Thread

Old 12-10-2008, 06:21 PM
TECH Addict

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Default My band finished our new CD - songs inside!

Well, after four months in the studio, we just finished our new 3-song EP Absolve. I'm very happy with the material and the production but that's all personal opinion so I'd love to hear some feedback from you guys. The new songs are the first three in the playlist: "Crush", "Show Emotion", and "Murder Scene". We're currently in talks with a record company and being reviewed by a few others, some entertainment lawyers, etc, so I'm really hoping for the best. Thanks for listening and leave some comments if you have a Myspace (you don't need an account to listen to the songs)!

If you like straight up energetic rock - Crush
If you like pop/rock - Show Emotion
If you like heavier stuff, do me a favor and crank Murder Scene but make sure you listen to it all the way through. It builds and builds right up to the end.

www.myspace.com/madorchid

Joe
Old 12-10-2008, 07:18 PM
TECH Resident

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Honestly this sounds better than 90% of the stuff on rock radio today. Good luck with it, I think this band has a bright future.
Old 12-10-2008, 07:39 PM
Internet Mechanic

I got to hear it personally from your PC the other night. I was VERY impressed!!
Old 12-11-2008, 07:40 AM
TECH Addict

Thanks, guys. It's probably a bit more poppy/mainstream than what your typical "car guy" is into from what I've seen, but positive AND negative feedback is always helpful.
Old 12-11-2008, 07:43 AM
Internet Mechanic

Originally Posted by PewterScreaminMach
Thanks, guys. It's probably a bit more poppy/mainstream than what your typical "car guy" is into from what I've seen, but positive AND negative feedback is always helpful.
You know, that I always want yea to succeed and being I am a Marketing guy, or at least thats what my Degree is in, getting on the radio and creating a following is more important then the artistic desire, after you make it, you can do some unique, one-off stuff.
Old 12-11-2008, 09:00 AM
TECH Addict

Originally Posted by BlackScreaminMachine
You know, that I always want yea to succeed and being I am a Marketing guy, or at least thats what my Degree is in, getting on the radio and creating a following is more important then the artistic desire, after you make it, you can do some unique, one-off stuff.
John Mayer sums that statement up pretty well. I agree 100%. The difference is that I'm really into everything so it doesn't matter to me whether I'm playing poppy, mainstream stuff because I enjoy it just as much as everything else, so I don't feel like I'm "selling out" or stepping down a notch, so to speak, to be playing stuff that is a bit more marketable. It works well for me.
Old 12-11-2008, 09:30 AM
TECH Resident

Received 54 Likes on 46 Posts

good luck and you gotta make us a promise that if you guys make it big you take the fbody straight to the top with you, so we can all get the respect we deserve for the cars we love listening to the music we like!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
free concerts for all of your fellow fbod peeps too! with lots of hot groupies!
Old 12-11-2008, 10:33 AM
TECH Apprentice

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

i liked it alot...favorite was the last song
Old 12-11-2008, 10:55 AM
TECH Addict

Originally Posted by ramairjohn2000
good luck and you gotta make us a promise that if you guys make it big you take the fbody straight to the top with you, so we can all get the respect we deserve for the cars we love listening to the music we like!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
free concerts for all of your fellow fbod peeps too! with lots of hot groupies!
Absolutely!
Originally Posted by 98hardtopSS
i liked it alot...favorite was the last song
Thanks, man! Glad you liked it!
Old 12-11-2008, 02:22 PM
TECH Fanatic

gigs in VA?
Old 12-11-2008, 03:01 PM
TECH Addict

Originally Posted by texasglock23
gigs in VA?
I'm hoping soon we can do at least an East Coast tour, but for now we're working on the whole record deal thing so we can finish up the rest of the album and rehearsals. We'll start playing a lot of shows in New England beginning in February and see where things go from there.
Old 12-11-2008, 03:55 PM
11 Second Club

sounds really good. how do i get them on my i pod?
Old 12-11-2008, 04:14 PM
TECH Resident

John Mayer sums that statement up pretty well. I agree 100%. The difference is that I'm really into everything so it doesn't matter to me whether I'm playing poppy, mainstream stuff because I enjoy it just as much as everything else, so I don't feel like I'm "selling out" or stepping down a notch, so to speak, to be playing stuff that is a bit more marketable. It works well for me.
If you start playing stuff that sounds like John Mayer I am letting the air out of your tires.
Old 12-11-2008, 09:18 PM
TECH Addict

Originally Posted by 35thls1ss19
sounds really good. how do i get them on my i pod?
Thanks, man. And to answer your question, here is the link to our first CD (five songs in downloadable MP3 format for $5, a few of which are on our Myspace page): www.cdbaby.com/cd/madorchid. And the other ones will be going up very shortly as we just finished the cover art. I'll keep you posted and let you know when they are available.
Originally Posted by Formula413
If you start playing stuff that sounds like John Mayer I am letting the air out of your tires.
Haha, what's funny is the John Mayer Trio sounds NOTHING like the pop stuff he does. And he's actually a sick guitar player. I worked a clinic of his up at Berklee and he's a cool guy and great musician. I tend to think he wrote the pop stuff to get big so he could make money and then spend all of his free time doing what his really loves, which is more along the lines of his trio stuff. Not a bad plan if you ask me.

PS - if you're going to let the air out of my tires, you're going to have to catch me first!
Old 12-11-2008, 09:56 PM
11 Second Club

Glad to hear things are going well. Sounds good from what I listened to,do what you guys like. I'd like to start a band myself hopefully soon. I wanna take guitar lessons again to kinda help me brush up on my skills and to help me diversefy myself some more in playing. Just need to start looking for people to play.
Old 12-11-2008, 11:30 PM
TECH Addict

Sounds great man. I've been slacking with guitar. I bought an Xbox360 hahaha.
Old 12-12-2008, 08:07 AM
TECH Resident

Haha, what's funny is the John Mayer Trio sounds NOTHING like the pop stuff he does. And he's actually a sick guitar player. I worked a clinic of his up at Berklee and he's a cool guy and great musician. I tend to think he wrote the pop stuff to get big so he could make money and then spend all of his free time doing what his really loves, which is more along the lines of his trio stuff. Not a bad plan if you ask me.

PS - if you're going to let the air out of my tires, you're going to have to catch me first!

If I really wanted to run 11's I would do it, LT1 and all. Not a big priority for me though.

I'm listening to the John Mayer trio stuff right now, it's not that bad. Kind of SRV-ish.
Old 12-12-2008, 11:31 AM

if your ever playing down in the new haven area let me know i will bring some people out to check ya out
Old 12-12-2008, 12:08 PM
TECH Addict

Originally Posted by Formula413

If I really wanted to run 11's I would do it, LT1 and all. Not a big priority for me though.

I'm listening to the John Mayer trio stuff right now, it's not that bad. Kind of SRV-ish.
Yeah, very SRV. I'm tellin ya, though, he's a sick guitar player. He just doesn't have a need to show it with the pop stuff that he's known for. Same thing with my music: I like to play crazy, fast, difficult stuff as I'm really into Vai, Dream Theater, etc, but this music I'm doing with Mad Orchid just doesn't call for it. We'll see where the future takes us.
Originally Posted by thechef
if your ever playing down in the new haven area let me know i will bring some people out to check ya out
Absolutely. We've started booking our next round of shows beginning in February so hopefully we can get a slot at Toad's or somewhere similar. I'll keep you posted!
Old 12-12-2008, 12:26 PM

just be true to your music always... dont be that band that played what everyone wanted then came out with their music and is crap and not what your fan base is used to and then they will turn on you