Eastern Members CT, DE, NH, NJ, NY, MA, ME, MD, PA, RI, VT, VA, WV

Forced Induction meet in Gathersburg area

Search this Thread

Old 01-10-2009, 12:12 PM
TECH Regular

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Forced Induction meet in Gathersburg area

Does anyone remember / or go to the FI meets from a few years ago in the Gaithersburg area? It's been a few years now but it was a big event the two times that I went. Mike Buschman (procharged Firehawk) helped set these up. I'm going back to the old EFA days with this, It was big with Racers den also. Anyhow what I want to know is do they still have this meet? or has it died off? Anyone know what I'm talking about
Old 01-10-2009, 09:52 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Yup, I know exactly what your talking about. But the last one I remember was in crofton at the Damons steakhouse. I remember the Lingenfelter tein turbo vette, supras, a white skyline, and some supercharged or turbo vipers. Not really sure what happened to the meets, I think they just died off. I havent seen Buschman's named or anyone mentioned it in years.
Old 01-16-2009, 05:32 AM
TECH Regular

Originally Posted by 02BLKWS6MD
Yup, I know exactly what your talking about. But the last one I remember was in crofton at the Damons steakhouse. I remember the Lingenfelter tein turbo vette, supras, a white skyline, and some supercharged or turbo vipers. Not really sure what happened to the meets, I think they just died off. I havent seen Buschman's named or anyone mentioned it in years.
Yes! That must have been the second one I was at that one also, The first one was in the Gburg area. I wonder what happend to everyone?
Old 01-16-2009, 04:37 PM
On The Tree

I'm moving down to Germantown in february from Long Island. I'd be interested in any LSX or F-body meets too?
Old 01-17-2009, 10:12 AM
TECH Enthusiast

I dont know what happened to everyone. The EFA board is beat anymore, the only place they talk is the lounge. Both you guys were trying to get an f-body meet sometime this summer. Bikeboy1 you might definetly want to check out ocean citys cruise week, theres one in the spring and fall. Also the LS1tech guys have a meetup around 45th street or something like that.
Old 01-17-2009, 12:10 PM
TECH Regular

Originally Posted by 02BLKWS6MD
I dont know what happened to everyone. The EFA board is beat anymore, the only place they talk is the lounge. Both you guys were trying to get an f-body meet sometime this summer. Bikeboy1 you might definetly want to check out ocean citys cruise week, theres one in the spring and fall. Also the LS1tech guys have a meetup around 45th street or something like that.

EFA is still kicking? I left that place years ago. I didn't even think the place was still online? It would be cool to get a meet up and going for the summer. I'm not sure I'll still have my FBody then but I would have a GTO in place of it.
Old 01-19-2009, 08:56 AM
TECH Enthusiast

yeah EFA is still kicking with all the same members that always post on there. Its a suprise its still up, I hadnt been on there in 2 years until recently. Yeah I would definetly like to get something going for the summer, some kind of a MD/VA/DC meet.
Old 05-05-2009, 01:04 PM
TECH Fanatic

Hey guys, glad you liked those meets. I've unfortunately sold my car so I don't have an FI vehicle anymore. It started with a lot of EFA members and I kicked the idea around with a few of the FI F-body guys at the time(there weren't that many of us back in the day). Then you know 1badazzGT was an active member and so through him we got a bunch of mustangs and other cars. Then word just spread. I didn't think it would get that big, but it was a lot of fun.

As things go when I had a lot of time and all my closest friends were deep into F-bodies and cars in general, the effort needed to set all that up was worth it. But you know how life changes your priorities. Career, relationships, and really most of my close friends were selling their fast cars off and the work to set something like that up was suddenly outweighing the fun that could be had.

Plus I don't know if you remember but we were pretty lucky no one ever got in trouble with those events. Every year things seem to escalate.

I'm just glad we all had fun and nothing bad happened(except to a few tires).

If you guys ever set anything up, and non-FI vehciles are allowed, please let me know. I'd love to come out sometime, if you don't mind 2 wheeled tag alongs.

Mike