Eastern Members CT, DE, NH, NJ, NY, MA, ME, MD, PA, RI, VT, VA, WV

Looking for a place to balance an Aluminum drivshaft in Mass/RI

Search this Thread

Old 02-02-2009, 06:48 PM
11 Second Club

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Default Looking for a place to balance an Aluminum drivshaft in Mass/RI

Hey guys I live in Norwood, ma. I am pretty sure either my Ujoints are bad or the driveshaft needs to be balanced after dealing with a highway vibration.

Its a custom aluminum drive for the ls1/rx7. Its actually a corvette C4 driveshaft with the flange for the Rx7 rear end welded on.

If you guys know any decent places let me know, this seems to be the only thing holding me back from this car really being truly drivable
Old 02-03-2009, 07:52 AM
11 Second Club

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Mitchell Drivetrain in Shrewsbury MA can do it dut there has to be someone closer to you than that.
Old 02-03-2009, 09:11 AM
11 Second Club

Originally Posted by 2002_z28_m6
Mitchell Drivetrain in Shrewsbury MA can do it dut there has to be someone closer to you than that.
I've had a couple people suggest rhode island drievshaft.. even that is an hour away. I was going to go to cape cod axle but they only do steel driveshafts.
Old 02-03-2009, 10:26 AM
TECH Addict

Originally Posted by sciff5
Hey guys I live in Norwood, ma. I am pretty sure either my Ujoints are bad or the driveshaft needs to be balanced after dealing with a highway vibration.

Its a custom aluminum drive for the ls1/rx7. Its actually a corvette C4 driveshaft with the flange for the Rx7 rear end welded on.

If you guys know any decent places let me know, this seems to be the only thing holding me back from this car really being truly drivable
Brookline Machine has a few shops in the NE area. Probably the one in Brighton is closest to you. They also have a shop in RI.

Last edited by ShevrolayZ28; 02-03-2009 at 11:03 AM.
Old 02-03-2009, 11:37 AM
TECH Junkie

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by sciff5
I've had a couple people suggest rhode island drievshaft.. even that is an hour away. I was going to go to cape cod axle but they only do steel driveshafts.
I've used Rhode Island Drive shaft a couple times with good results.
Old 02-03-2009, 11:57 AM
11 Second Club

Originally Posted by Krazy98Z28
I've used Rhode Island Drive shaft a couple times with good results.
I dropped it off there today. I havent heard anything back yet but just walking in I got a good feeling. They do work with aluminum and when I went in there they had a few high hp driveshafts they had done for truck pull competitions ect on display. Looked like they were 5 or 6" diameter.

Hopefully they can get around to checking out my driveshaft today. I could use the snowy day to install it and test it out tomorrow when the weather is a little better.