Eastern Members CT, DE, NH, NJ, NY, MA, ME, MD, PA, RI, VT, VA, WV

Ran into the Law today, Lets just say i got lucky and unlucky all at once....

Search this Thread

Old 02-04-2009, 10:52 PM
On The Tree

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Ran into the Law today, Lets just say i got lucky and unlucky all at once....

So i was on my way home from college in kutztown. I was getting on the on ramp to rt 222 from kutztown, going towards reading. Well i saw the passing lane was clear and open but the right lane had alot of cars doing 45, i looked back and i saw nothing, well i just got my car tuned and running right so i downshift and take off... I passed alot of people and hit around 130 135 and i see my phone rings so i put it into 6th gear and hit the brakes....... O ya my cut out was open so it was screaming up the higway...

THEN i look into my rearview and guess what A COP WITH HIS LIGHTS ON.......... So i pull over and he goes onto his loud speaker "TURN YOUR CAR OFF NOW!!!" So i do He comes up to my car and starts yelling at me
Officer " What in the hell do you think you are doing driving like that and that fast WITH AND OFFICER RIGHT BEHIND YOU AND THEN you throw a cig. out the window!!"
Me- "i am coming back from school and i just needed to get home, and i did not want to be rude and smoke in your face..."
Officer "That is a 300$ fine that is LITTERING, I NEED YOUR LICENCE REGISTRATION AND INSURANCE CARD NOW"
Me-Hand him my stuff
Him-" Where is kinzers
Me- "Well is south of here in lancaster county
Him- I DO NOT KNOW WHERE THAT IS (in a loud but very funny sounding voice)What are those other tickets you have there
Me-Well from school i had trouble getting my parking permit so i got 2 tickets since classes started
Him-This is whats going to happen your going to put your seat belt on IN FRONT OF ME, Pull out AND NOT GET HIT!! AND THEN your going to do the speed limit, and if i see this car again going fast i will hit you for EVERYTHING i can
Me- Click my seat belt back on"Thank you sir and i am sorry(as he already starts walking away)

Now i guess he could now prove how fast i was going but well at 130 i am obviously flying by other cars.... And well i had to test out my new tune and mods, what else was i suppose to do But i do not know why in the hell he let me off but i can not complain and goes without saying i did the speed limit the rest of the way home it SUCKED....
Any guess's in to why i did not get a single ticket for anything here, He was loud and well Ignorant to me acted like i just sold drugs to a 9 year old or something..... I was just saying in my mind NO TICKET NO TICKET NO TICKET, DONT LOOK UNDER MY CAR AT MY EXHAUST PLEASEEEEEEE.....

Sorry had to rant it was wierd i still am thinking about why i got let off, i am guessing he had no real Court worthy evidence to do anything to me, except maybe littering???

So yes i got lucky and unlucky all in a matter of mins Sorry about the rant and length... but ya any guess's i am stumped
Old 02-04-2009, 10:59 PM
11 Second Club

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

he was pissed u woke him up so he pulled u over just to yell at u... but was too lazy to bother to write out a ticket....

thats my theory
Old 02-04-2009, 11:08 PM
Launching!

How lucky are you man?! I would have went and played the lottery that night. You're right tho I think. He probably didnt gun so he couldnt prove the speed. Either that or he liked your car and figured he would give you a break. EITHER WAY, love your luck!!!!
Old 02-04-2009, 11:19 PM
Teching In

Wish I had some of that luck. If I bring out 3rd gear in the goat just a little longer than usual, I get trailed by 3 cops for 45 minutes.

Almost as loud as open cutouts, though... lol
Old 02-04-2009, 11:51 PM
12 Second Club

Wow man you are lucky! I got lucky my past few times too (knock on wood) hopefully my luck keeps up!
Old 02-04-2009, 11:56 PM
12 Second Club

well Ignorant to me acted like i just sold drugs to a 9 year old or something.....

HA!!! dont be taking my client's i gotta make some coin lol
Old 02-05-2009, 08:52 AM
11 Second Club

Originally Posted by whitew01ws6
well Ignorant to me acted like i just sold drugs to a 9 year old or something.....

HA!!! dont be taking my client's i gotta make some coin lol
hahahah
Old 02-05-2009, 08:58 AM
TECH Regular

gee you got luckier then me. I got pulled over in lancaster on 222 for 140 plus. he just rambled off differnent speeds and then said he clocked me faster but he wasn't going to say it on the dash cam. all in all got a ticket for 10 mph over and the knowledge the my car would blow away a vic but you can't account for traffic.
Old 02-05-2009, 09:05 AM
11 Second Club

lol u sure u didnt give this cop a *******?
Old 02-05-2009, 09:26 AM
Launching!

You are lucky. I am the exact opposite. Whatever will happen does, so i don't bother messing around on the street unless I am taunted.
Old 02-05-2009, 10:18 AM
On The Tree

Trust me you are very lucky. The cop had plenty of evidence to pull you over and ticket you for doing over 100mph. It's called his speedometer and "pacing" is a legal way of determining your speed. Cops are people to, and many are car people and understand boys will be boys sometimes. Sometimes you get lucky!
Old 02-05-2009, 10:42 AM
On The Tree

Wow very lucky.
I've paid a ridiculous amount of money this year (too much to say ) in speeding tickets.
Good thing you did not get pulled over in Montgomery County MD, there are more cops here then pedestrian IMO
Old 02-05-2009, 10:51 AM
On The Tree

Yea i got nailed for carless driving one time, the cop just saw me romp on it a little and couldn't prove anything so he just threw me a careless driving ticket. I was even going that fast, but I down shifted to 2nd, it was pretty loud with true duals and bullets. They always automatically think that if it's loud, you must have been speeding and going way over speed limit! I fought it and somehow, like an idiot I got the dates mixed up, I showed up the wrong day for the trial(I went the day after it was scheduled ) Anyways, I asked for a re-schedule and apparantly they automatically find you guilty cause I went on the wrong day. I could of appealed but it was a whole big process and I woud've had to pay like $60, thats even if I won... I know I'm an idiot for going on wrong day, but it's always a huge hassel either way...
Old 02-05-2009, 11:00 AM
11 Second Club

^^^^^^ hahahaha same exact crap happened to me... showed up the day after the trial... i was like damn im an idiot lol
Old 02-05-2009, 11:31 AM
Staging Lane

Just be thankful he didn't put you in jail!
Old 02-05-2009, 12:38 PM
11 Second Club

Did I miss the "unlucky" part? Because that sounded like a gift from God!
Old 02-05-2009, 03:30 PM
TECH Regular

Thats just luck, so dont press it too much. It does run out
Old 02-05-2009, 03:57 PM
Launching!

WHEWwwwwwww!
Old 02-06-2009, 03:50 AM
10 Second Club

I don't actually see the 'unlucky part' of this story.
Very, very lucky actually.

Originally Posted by Frostbitten09
I passed alot of people and hit around 130 135 and i see my phone rings so i put it into 6th gear and hit the brakes....... O ya my cut out was open so it was screaming up the higway...
THEN i look into my rearview and guess what A COP WITH HIS LIGHTS ON......
What I want to know is, what would've happened if your cell phone hadn't rang?
You might've stayed in it/not've slowed down as quickly and then he would've been pacing you longer. That phone call may've saved you some trouble.
Old 02-06-2009, 09:29 AM
TECH Fanatic

No need to rant man, you are lucky. The cops up here suck and pull people over for any reason they can. I got followed last night after dropping my gf off at Dixon. For no reason too, I made a right on campus after making a complete stop and he just flung around and road my *** all the way onto mainstreet by mamas. ********.