Eastern Members CT, DE, NH, NJ, NY, MA, ME, MD, PA, RI, VT, VA, WV

TTP got me 16 hp and 21 tq with a dyno tune

Search this Thread

Old 03-07-2009, 09:29 PM
TECH Regular

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default TTP got me 16 hp and 21 tq with a dyno tune

A big thanks to Matt and all the guys at TTP for the great job the did on my car. Matt is the nicest guy you could ever meet and an absolute wiz of a tuner. I was kind of shocked that my car was only making 322 rwhp when i first brought it in considering my mods (lid, ssra, ported tb, lt's/ory, plus i've got the slp dual dual factory exhaust) since I was figuring it should be around 340. But I'm really happy with what I was able to gain with the tune and that it was throughout the entire RPM range. When I was leaving Matt said the car would feel like a totally different animal and boy was he right. The throttle response seems much better and the car drives smoother overall.

ps. i went to get some gas right after i left the place and something just told me to check under the lid for some reason. shockingly i found a freakin leaf about the size of a baseball stuck under the air filter the roads were full of dried up fallen leaves on my way down and i guess my ssra sucked one up. i wish i checked before they put it on the dyno but didnt think of it. perhaps this might have cost me a few hp on the baseline dyno. what do you guys think?
Attached Thumbnails TTP got me 16 hp and 21 tq with a dyno tune-ttp_final.jpg  
Old 03-07-2009, 11:15 PM
TECH Senior Member

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

doubt it did much to the baseline. but good numbers anyway.
Old 03-07-2009, 11:26 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Those are uncorrected numbers...was your baseline numbers corrected or uncorrected ??
Old 03-09-2009, 07:51 AM
TECH Resident

Nice numbers. Great guys down there
Old 03-11-2009, 06:52 PM
TECH Regular

i'm not really sure what the diff between corrected and uncorrected is. but on the top of the sheet it says uncorrected. i remember a few weeks before i got it tuned someone on here said during the cold weather they always do uncorrected and thats what they did to me.

also, i'm happy with the tq but not really the hp. i've seen other peoples graphs of cars with similar mods as mine or even some with less get around 340ish BEFORE the tune. mine was well short of that. unless my car was like only 290hp stock, but with the slp dual dual i cant imagine it was anything below 300. do you think that if my numbers were corrected vs uncorrected they would be higher?
Old 03-11-2009, 08:46 PM
TECH Enthusiast

if your numbers were corrected, they would most definently be lower....FWIW most shops ONLY give you your dyno graphs in the corrected version..usually giving uncorrected # seems to make people feels like they got more...JMHO

Last edited by Mike 00'SS; 03-11-2009 at 08:47 PM. Reason: spelling
Old 03-11-2009, 08:52 PM
TECH Enthusiast

looks like it was 62* out the day you dyno'd...not really cold IMO to use the winter excuse to use uncorrected numbers...but what ever as long as your happy that's all that matters
Old 03-11-2009, 09:03 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Give this thread a quick read, and there's other threads in that section that help explain the difference betweeen SAEvsSTD #'s...general consensus is the shops should use SAE # for better comparisions..

https://ls1tech.com/forums/dynamomet...ae-vs-std.html
Old 03-14-2009, 01:05 PM
8 Second Club

Received 12 Likes on 9 Posts

Nice.
Old 03-14-2009, 03:43 PM
Banned

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

I still dont understand why anyone would give uncorrected numbers.. I give them SAE with smoothing on 5.
Old 03-14-2009, 04:46 PM
Banned

Originally Posted by Frans96SS
I still dont understand why anyone would give uncorrected numbers.. I give them SAE with smoothing on 5.
Yea I don't Understand that either. Fran I wonder what they do in the heat of august ? lol
Old 03-14-2009, 05:59 PM

As long as they were uncorrected both before and after the tune then the car really gained 16 rwhp. If you want to compare to other people's numbers though, the corrected is really the best way to go about it.
Old 03-14-2009, 07:52 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Honestly I think it's just so the coustomer feels better when he gets the dyno sheet...in this guy's case it looks like his before #'s were uncorrected too, so it is a legit comparison.
Old 03-16-2009, 09:22 PM
11 Second Club

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Nice gains.

TTP has tried giving me uncorrected graphs a few times but when I asked for the SAE, they always printed them out for me.
Old 03-17-2009, 11:17 AM
Race your car!

Received 18 Likes on 18 Posts

Not a bad gain for a bolt on car. Get a good accurate weight of the car, then make a couple runs @ the track with it, and figure the power off the mph/weight. That will tell you what it's making better then any dyno # will.
Old 03-17-2009, 11:28 AM
CARTEK Racing

I still dont understand why anyone would give uncorrected numbers..
I agree... it makes it imposible for any kind of comparison.

Imagine the car being baselined in 70F and at 29.85In Hg, then tuned and dyno'd at 62F and 30.30In Hg, it would show a much larger gain then was really experienced if both graph's are printed with uncorrected numbers.

As long as the O.P. is happy I suppose, who cares right? But maybe he only gained 5HP with the tune in SAE form, and printing the uncorrected numbers would make the gain seem better... who knows.. if that is true, thats messed up.
Old 03-17-2009, 11:48 AM
TECH Addict

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by ScreaminRedZ
As long as they were uncorrected both before and after the tune then the car really gained 16 rwhp. If you want to compare to other people's numbers though, the corrected is really the best way to go about it.
This is exactly what I was going to say. Was the baseline shown on the graph done right before the tuning (that same day) or was that from a previous dyno day? If it's a baseline from the same day the tuning was done, it really did pickup that power from the tune, although I'd get SAE numbers to "compare" to other people. Taking it to the track is the best way to find out how the car is doing for sure.
Old 03-18-2009, 08:56 PM
TECH Regular

this is the first time i've ever had my car dynoed. the baseline run was done about 1.5 hours before the final run. so i assume even though it's uncorrected i really did gain the hp and tq the graph shows.

but that's not my issue though, im happy with the dyno tune. what im NOT happy with is my baseline numbers. only 322 hp?! considering my car is a 02 ss with the slp dual/dual exhaust it should have made 322 with the mods i had BEFORE i put the headers/ory in. afterwards it should be making around 340. if uncorrected numbers show up as lower than corrected, i'd have no issue. however, now that you guys are telling me it's the other way around i'm really starting to get worried something is off with my car.
Old 03-19-2009, 05:01 AM
Race your car!

Received 18 Likes on 18 Posts

Not really. I've seen stock M6 cars make 300, and some make 325. You could have had a low one to start, and the mods with no tune brought it up to where a high one would be.

I've seen bolt on cars make 370 for what it's worth... so the 340 you made would be a low starting factory car.

Too bad when you buy the car they don't have a dyno sheet on the window, but they don't and you can only hope to get a strong one.
Old 03-19-2009, 08:15 AM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by Ripper415
this is the first time i've ever had my car dynoed. the baseline run was done about 1.5 hours before the final run. so i assume even though it's uncorrected i really did gain the hp and tq the graph shows.

but that's not my issue though, im happy with the dyno tune. what im NOT happy with is my baseline numbers. only 322 hp?! considering my car is a 02 ss with the slp dual/dual exhaust it should have made 322 with the mods i had BEFORE i put the headers/ory in. afterwards it should be making around 340. if uncorrected numbers show up as lower than corrected, i'd have no issue. however, now that you guys are telling me it's the other way around i'm really starting to get worried something is off with my car.
you should be able to call TTP and get a print out of the SAE numbers, don't get all caught up in a dyno sheet, or call Matt and see if he can help figure out whats going on with the car, he is a good guy to deal with.

you never did list what brand of headers you have on the car???