Eastern Members CT, DE, NH, NJ, NY, MA, ME, MD, PA, RI, VT, VA, WV

Redneck Style Tonight!!!

Search this Thread

Old 05-23-2009, 10:09 AM
11 Second Club

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Default Redneck Style Tonight!!!

I'm goin' REDNECK STYLE this Memorial Day Weekend!!!!!!!

I didn't know Orange County NY had the oldest dirt track!!!

Something different.. plus I'm a Veteran and I get 1/2 off.

http://www.orangecountyfairspeedway.net/

MIDDLETOWN, NY (May 14)……..As part of our country’s celebration of Memorial Day, all military personnel in uniform and veterans with appropriate identification will be admitted for half-price for the Saturday, May 23 night of stock car racing at Orange County Fair Speedway in Middletown, New York.

“We owe so much to our military people. Their sacrifices have kept us free, allowing us to enjoy a way of life that is the envy of all the o the r nations,” says Ken Sands, track manager. “It’s just a small token, but we’re happy to have active and veteran military folks as our guests at the speedway on Memorial Weekend.”

Orange County’s full complement of big-block Modified, Sportsman, Pro Stock and Pure Stock race cars will be in action with qualifying and feature races. In addition, the four-cylinder stock cars will take to the track for the ir first Orange County outing of the 2009 season.

Sponsors for the evening are Budweiser and Dana Distributors.

Admission prices for the May 23 race meet remain at $14 adults, $12 seniors, and free for children 12 and under. The full night of racing begins promptly at 6:00 pm. The History of the Orange County Fair Speedway

Orange County Fair Speedway is the oldest continuously operating dirt track in the United States. It was constructed in 1857 for horse racing at the annual Orange County Fair. In 1919, the first auto race was held on what was then called the “Harry Clay Oval.” Racing continued every year until the outbreak of World War Two caused the suspension of motorsports nationwide.

After World War Two, “Big Car” racing continued for a year or so at the fair, and midget racing was immensely popular on Wednesday nights. In 1948, the first “Stock Car” race was held on the ˝-mile track. The first winner of the first heat race was Frankie Schneider, who went on to become a legend in these parts.

OCFS hosts five classes of racing, and something for every racer's budget. From the PureStocks to the Mighty Big Block Modifieds, and every division in-between (ProStock, Sportsman, Small Block Modified) the racing here is non-stop action from green flag to checkered.

Orange County Fair Speedway is home to the Eastern States Weekend. Begun in 1962 as a one-day, 100-lap championship race, Eastern States Weekend has grown into a three-day racing spectacular, the "October Classic."

Stock Car Racing and Orange County, New York go hand in hand. No speedway in the region, or in the WORLD, has as much history behind it as Orange County Fair Speedway!

For a more detailed history of Orange County Fair Speedway, please visit http://www.victoryspeedway.net
Old 05-23-2009, 11:39 AM
Launching!

I got ya beat! Demo derby in the Amish Country! Yeeeeeeehaw!!!!!!!

http://www.buckmotorsports.com/
Old 05-23-2009, 11:45 AM
11 Second Club

Originally Posted by MiniTransAm

Old 05-23-2009, 08:43 PM
11 Second Club

Things I learned about dirt track racing.

1-Very grassroots

2-They could care *less* about DB's and sound levels.. it's racin' dammit!

3) Feature starts with Colorguard.. patriotic crew.

4) After 6 years of Military and 15 years in LE- these folks are the ONLY that gave back
(I got free admission with my DD214, which shows Veteran status)

5) I prefer these folks over the uber-pretentious latte-sippers

6) Dirt track racing is the Cross Bronx Expressway and LIE ran at 140mph on dirt & mud.

7) The serve *all* the wrong foods (Sausage & Peppers, Beef & Onions, Grease-Burgers, Fries w/Cheese) and they like it that way.

8) Up front tickets- $14.00 while Knicks tickets are $3000.00 to be with Spike Lee

9) Very Family Oriented Sport.. baby-momma's and baby-daddy's actually sit together

10) Everyone had fun

Old 05-23-2009, 08:52 PM
Teching In

Definitely some good 'ol boys go there. I think anyone with 3 teeth or less gets in for free.
Old 05-23-2009, 10:43 PM
TECH Enthusiast

You know whats better then watching one? Actually competing in a demo derby, its a blast. I got pics of the one we ran at trailways and won first place. Just look at my fquick, the pics are on there.

Last edited by 02BLKWS6MD; 05-23-2009 at 10:55 PM.
Old 05-23-2009, 10:54 PM
Launching!

I would love to try competing in a demo derby someday. Great stress reliever I bet!

Mr. B - It's very patriotic down here too. There's always a moment of silence for troops that have died in combat. They always play God Bless the U.S.A. They have all the current service member's stand, then veterans, then the families stand and everybody claps for them. And they are sincere about it. It's pretty cool. They gave away some free passes tonight to guys currently enlisted.

I've been to the dirt track up in Malta before. That was great! Especially the run what you brung race at the end of the night. Man that was funny! A Camaro won if I remember correctly.
Old 05-23-2009, 11:27 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Yeah its an awesome stress reliever, theres some strategy to it if you want to win though. But its great just being able to hit someone and now have to worry about anything since your there to beat up on everyone.
Old 05-24-2009, 10:20 AM
9 Second Club

ha just went to dirt track racing last night too. couldn't get drunk enough to make it interesting for me though. i tried lol
Old 05-24-2009, 11:50 AM
TECH Enthusiast

Dirt track racing pics from Lincoln and Hagerstown Speedway! Dirt track racing is great.

Quick Reply: Redneck Style Tonight!!!