Eastern Members CT, DE, NH, NJ, NY, MA, ME, MD, PA, RI, VT, VA, WV

Heads Up: Wendys, Willimantic CT

Search this Thread

Old 05-24-2009, 01:24 AM
TECH Resident

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Default Heads Up: Wendys, Willimantic CT

So this is more or less a warning. Apparently this is the "cool" place to hang out in Willimantic for those who know Willi its a pretty scummy place to begin with and the story I have only strengths this assumption.

If you are in any type of car that even looks fast and you park it there to eat BE CAREFUL. There is this kid in a 2000ish civic and a kid with a del sol. They are trouble. My friend was there in his M3 BMW He went inside to get some food and then went back out and was eating in his car when the kid in the Civic approached him. He asked my friend "wanna race?", my friend said no. So it went on the kid kept trying to egg him on saying he does it all the time (right out in the stretch in front of wendys) says there is no cops. My friend still says no, that he doesnt race and he only has a air intake. My friend asked him what do you have he said dont worry about it then started talking ****. Which my friend retaliated in saying "I dont race, I just sit here and look good" This apparently pissed him off cuz the kid said he was going to deck him. My friend replied "do what you gotta do". Ok enough of he said he said. Now the story really takes a turn.

My friend leaves. So does the kid in the Civic and Del Sol. The follow him, the Civic gets right on his *** so my friend just took off and left him in the dust and then slowed down just incase any cops. Now my friend is going the speed limit now and the Civic and Del come up right behind him again. They keep following for a while after a few turns there he comes to a merge lane (2 lanes become one) the Del Sol just speeds up and passes my friend in the break down lane the Civic is still behind him. Out of nowhere the Civic starts HITTING his bumper (there are scuff marks all over it now) he keeps bumping into him letting off bumping into him. My friend just down shifts and slows down hard. The kid stops, pulls off and turns around. That was it.

Now WTF. Seriously. Willimantic is bad enough. I told him to carry a brick from now on so if somehow that ever happens again the kid will get a brick lobbed out through the sun roof into his windshield. Also, upon my friend telling a few friends, come to find out someone my friend knows who had a turbo talon at the time. Same story, was at wendys getting food wasnt even bothering anybody none of the kids even kept up to him but apparently it was the same kids. As he was leaving in his talon a kid ran up and smashed a glass bottle on the talons 1/4 panel.

So yeah just giving a heads up if you are in this area and see a group of kids hanging outside at wendys (especially a civic and del sol) stay away.
Old 05-24-2009, 05:02 AM
TECH Apprentice

that kid would have met with a knuckle sandwich...at a minimum...i am half tempted to go down there in my vette...love to see them try to start some **** with me.
Old 05-24-2009, 09:03 AM
TECH Enthusiast

thats shitty, thanks for the heads up. just takes a few ******** to ruin an area
Old 05-24-2009, 01:58 PM

Willimantic is a ruined area.
Old 05-26-2009, 08:45 AM
Launching!

Isn't there a state troops with an F body???? maybe he needs to take a drive down there...
Old 05-26-2009, 12:44 PM
Launching!

Place is a dump..
Old 08-23-2009, 06:46 PM

First of all I am in no way associated with any of the stories, and I agree that Willimantic is a **** hole. But I do hang out there sometimes with some buddies.

Originally Posted by 9secondsflat
that kid would have met with a knuckle sandwich...at a minimum...i am half tempted to go down there in my vette...love to see them try to start some **** with me.
You are more than welcome to bring the Vette out and have your choice of turbo mustangs to run. I would also be happy to run the turbo Busa on my all motor Busa if you would like to bring that out too.
Old 08-23-2009, 08:23 PM
TECH Resident

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

You have six posts on this site back in March and you're pulling up a three month old thread to call someone out? What am I missing here?
Old 08-23-2009, 11:49 PM
Teching In

Old 08-24-2009, 05:03 PM

The lock, that's what you're missing.