Eastern Members CT, DE, NH, NJ, NY, MA, ME, MD, PA, RI, VT, VA, WV

Mason dixon track rental. 6/27/09

Search this Thread

Old 06-14-2009, 10:32 AM
TECH Fanatic

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Default Mason dixon track rental. 6/27/09

I was asked to post this from the folks at Corvette Forum.... please do not PM me asking for info. Please email the person in the addy further down in the thread.

Folks,

We could use some more pre-pays for the below drag day event by 6/14/09. Open to all Corvettes and Mustangs only. Come out and test a new mod, learn a new skill, or perfect your launching and 1/4 mile times. Help is available at the track for newcomers, so don't let that be an issue. See below for all details and directions.

Thanks,
Laurie

What: Test and tune/drag racing session

Who: Hosted by NoVa Mustang Club and open to ALL CARS!!!!

Where: Mason Dixon Dragway, Boonsboro, MD

Time: Sat 6/27/09 8AM -12 Noon (4hr Private Track Rental, UNLIMITED RUNS!)

Driver price: PayPal $52.00 per driver to Enforcir@gmail.com OR mail $50.00 per driver (check made out to Cyril Coburn) to: NVMC, PO Box 104, Amissville Va 20106. Either of these pre-payment options must be done NLT 6/14/09. Pre-payment is preferable as we must have 40 pre-paid drivers or the event risks cancellation. Or you may pay $60.00 cash per driver @ the gate the day of the event.

Spectator price: $10.00 (Driver gets 1 crew member in FREE)

Special (Driver) Requirements:
*Mufflers mandatory
*1/4 sleeved shirt, NO SHORTS or OPEN TOED SHOES
*Seat belts in working order
*Proper safety equipment per your vehicles performance level i.e. (helmets for cars faster than 13.99, roll bar for cars faster than 11.49, etc.)
*10 MPH speed limit in the pit area!!!
*NO air conditioning on in staging lanes, ALL windows up during burnout and run

At the gate you will:
*Pay your fee
*Get a wrist band (goes on left wrist)
*Sign competition waiver
*Get a tech inspection card to fill out and bring back to the staff

In the event of rain, call Ebby (703) 200-6803 or Ceece (703) 346-8151 if you have any questions regarding the event being on time.

Anyone interested in caravanning up should meet at Newgate Shopping Center parking lot (corner of Routes 28 and 29 in Centreville) at 6:20 AM, leaving at 6:30 AM SHARP for a very nice scenic cruise through the mountains on the way to the drag strip.

If you are interested in riding up with me, please email me at lilredcorvette94@yahoo.com and let me know. After the event, we usually grab lunch together and decompress after a day of racing!

Directions to the caravan start point are as follows:

From 66 Westbound, take Exit 53A to Route 28 South and then take the Route 29 South Exit, immediately turning right into the parking lot. There is a Sunoco gas station, Joann's Fabrics, Trader Joe's, and a Fast Eddie's in this plaza.

Directions to Mason Dixon Dragway are as follows:

From Washington DC/NoVa: Take Route 270 N toward Frederick, MD. Take Rt. 70 W toward Hagerstown. Follow Rt. 70 until you reach Rt. 66 (Exit 35). Once at the bottom of the ramp turn LEFT onto Rt. 66 South, go about 1/2 miles until you reach Rt. 40 (you will see a Sheetz convenience store at the intersection), turn LEFT (east) on Rt. 40 and go just another 1/2 mile, the Dragstrip entrance will be on your right.

Last edited by Raven02TA; 06-14-2009 at 09:35 PM.
Old 06-14-2009, 09:35 PM
TECH Fanatic

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

ignore the "open to all corvettes and mustangs only" comment. it is open to ALL CARS!