Eastern Members CT, DE, NH, NJ, NY, MA, ME, MD, PA, RI, VT, VA, WV

Anyone go to NED tonight

Old 06-17-2009, 10:42 PM
11 Second Club

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Default Anyone go to NED tonight

If so what were your 60's. I could not for the life of me find any traction in the right lane which seems to be the better lane.

I changed a few things with my setup though so I wanna know if it were the changes I made or if the track wasnt hooking..

Also to whoever I ran into on the highway on the way back a red z28 cruising with a black c6 and a vw (think it was an R32) Black c6 did not sound stock. It was pulling me pretty hard.
Old 06-18-2009, 07:16 AM
9 Second Club

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I stopped going to NED on WED nights years ago.... the track prep always sucked.
Old 06-18-2009, 08:14 AM
TECH Junkie

Street nights are bad. Friday nights have gotten better since they allowed full slicks.
Old 06-18-2009, 12:23 PM
11 Second Club

yeah I have heard that but I was shocked at the difference between wed night last week and wed night tonight. A week ago the right lane was hooking harder and I talked to some of the regulars and they said the right lane was usually the one prepped if they do any prep at all. Now I could tell a difference that night between the left and right lane. But there was only about a tenth worth of difference in 60' left lane I was going 1.8s high 1.7s spinning and then the right lane I was going mid low 1.7s hooking and bogging.

Tonight it was just spinning and I wasnt having an issue heatin up the et streets. I could very easily see smoke and still stayed in it. So they were warmed up for sure. I meen even when I would warm up the et streets like that on the actual street I would still be able to spin them but ET streets even when they spin seem to be able to grip. Unlike a radial which seems to be more like an on off switch but at the track tonight even with the et streets it was like an on/off switch and it was off all night. I was spinning and getting NO where.

I was also launching based off how the track hooked last time. I bet I would have gotten better 60's if I hadent launched at all, just floored the gas.
Old 06-18-2009, 01:35 PM
11 Second Club

The vette sounded sick. Sounded like this thing

http://videos.streetfire.net/video/5...te-A_58201.htm

I dont think it had cam lope like that though but deff VERY similar exhaust note.
Old 06-18-2009, 02:12 PM
TECH Apprentice

sick sounding vette the best part of the video is the end lol

High 13s i think?....
Old 06-18-2009, 03:26 PM
LS1Tech Sponsor

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts

The Black C6 might be the one at my shop now getting a converter and rear.He goes up to the track alot to watch.
Old 06-18-2009, 03:56 PM
11 Second Club

Originally Posted by Slowhawk
The Black C6 might be the one at my shop now getting a converter and rear.He goes up to the track alot to watch.
It was dark but it looked like a black c6 I saw at your shop at the dyno day.

This one

Dont know anything about the car, but it sounded ls2 based with possibly a stroker (although could just be heads cam deff not stock or bolt on though) with what sounded like a corsa exhaust it was pretty loud when he was on it. I could hear it clearly over my car.

And we never really got a clean run but even when I jumed out first I could tell he was gonna come around me. Ask him if he ran into a rusty white **** box and if so whats his setup.
Old 06-19-2009, 11:20 AM
Teching In

Don it was a ur shop a few weeks ago havin the headers put on, and the exhaust lined up right. he has kook headers catless X and corsa exhaust. he ran a 12.3x that night. that was me in the red ss that was with him on the highway. man ur car screws.
Old 06-19-2009, 11:47 AM
11 Second Club

Originally Posted by campia
Don it was a ur shop a few weeks ago havin the headers put on, and the exhaust lined up right. he has kook headers catless X and corsa exhaust. he ran a 12.3x that night. that was me in the red ss that was with him on the highway. man ur car screws.
Sweet man looked like a lot faster car than 12.3, I was running 12.1 that night with 2.0 60's. With track prep I run times closer to my sig. What was he trapping at? Sorry for stealing the hit on you. I couldent hear anything over my exhaust, dont know if anyone was even bothering honking. I first ran the white VW cause he was pulling up next to me and hitting it and taking off. So I lined up with him first pulled him pretty hard. Then I thought I was done for the night...didnt even really wanna run the vw to start with, and I see him take off and see all of a sudden a 3 way race between you the vette and the v-dub. You and the VW looked pretty close I dont know what was done to that thing. Another guy on another board seemed to think it may be a turbo R32 out of NH. Anyway I pulled up with him, let him take the hit and still yanked him pretty good. When I lined up with you I wasnt sure if you were ready or not. I could hear you downshifting and I was trying to get it down into third. I need to rev match my car to downshift at all though so it took me a while. Once I got it into third I took off and I could see the vette coming up behind me but we were haulin pretty good.

Is that car really just a bolt on car. I think with better shifting on my part I would have done better but I had back shifted from the top of third into second at the track and was a little cautious the rest of the night with my shifts. My car isnt really a highway car though, 4.10 gears and a tiny tire I am shifting into 5th (OD) at 115mph. You know if the vette let off when he was chasing me down?
Old 06-19-2009, 12:37 PM
Teching In

his car only has exhaust work done and no tune. his trap speed were 119. we thought that vw was with u. for a little car that thing pulled pretty hard. both of us thought it was turbo to pull that hard. we couldnt hear any spoillin over r exhaust, lol. vw kept up with me 2nd and 3rd then 4th pull started on him. did that over and over... yea my buddy was tellin me the last race u 2 had, he redlined 4th and went to powershift into 5th and missed it. he was pissed at himself for it. he said after everyone was done goin back and forth he saw u give him the thumbs up
Old 06-19-2009, 02:15 PM
11 Second Club

Wow that car would be a good run. We should do some lower rolls I would bet from a 40 punch or something my 4.10s would put a half a length to a length on him initially and then he'd prob gain it back and be dead even by about 120 and he'd pull from there. Gotta have that run and get it on video.
Old 06-19-2009, 04:45 PM
Teching In

i think he be up for something like that, rolling 40mph... thats funny u say we should of video that, cuz thats just wat i said to him after
Old 06-20-2009, 10:47 AM
Teching In

Sciff, You found me! Good races bro. Mike (Campia) is correct. I only have Kooks 1 3/8" headers, kooks off-road X and Corsa Extremes. Only ran the 12.3 because runflats blow for the track. 2.1 60' on that run. Monday My varam intake will arrive then I need a tune and et streets! My goal is 11.50's with this setup.
Old 06-20-2009, 03:48 PM
11 Second Club

Dude you live the next town over from me. I live in Norwood, we should meet up just for the **** sake of it. Is that car an Ls3?

If so I'de feel a lot better. I was kinda shocked when campia said it was just bolt on but ls3s are monsters. That thing hauls *** on the top end and sounds ****** nasty. I knew it was a corsa exhaust the second I heard it.

Thing deff moves out. Once you get your vararam intake I'm screwed a genuine cold air intake got me a couple mph consistently in the quarter. If we ran again I'de have my second set of wheels and jackstands and tool out of the back but I doubt realistically that slowed me down as much as my shifting. I had just back shifted from the top of 3rd back into 2nd and was nervous about doing it again. I'm about to make a new post cause I ended up backshifting it again today at Import wars and it cost me 100 bucks. I was dragging the runner up and then back shifted from third to second and lost the race because of it. I think I might give beatin on the car a break for at least a few days.

Deff glad you came on here though and introduced yourself.

Take it easy
Old 06-20-2009, 05:49 PM
Teching In

hey sciff, im sure he'll tell u but his car is a LS3. i kno how u feel, we mess around all the time racing, and he just makes me look bad. makes me want to do H/C so bad but dont have the money just yet. anyways mayb see you around
Old 06-21-2009, 01:47 PM
Teching In

Yeah Sciff you should def join Mike and I for "cruising Nights" Our other Buddy we roll with has a 1990 Mustang LX soon to be an 11 sec Monster, hes either rebuilding his motor and doing a Turbo or a 408ci Windsor and Turbo. We def need more fast cars to roll with = ). Check your inbox, sent you a PM.

Search this Thread