Eastern Members CT, DE, NH, NJ, NY, MA, ME, MD, PA, RI, VT, VA, WV

Thanks 2 Mr Slowhawk!

Old 06-19-2009, 03:47 PM
TECH Addict

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Default Thanks 2 Mr Slowhawk!

Don, the car runs fantastic! All I need is a little cooperation from the weather and we'll see what it'll do. I want mid 11's! Hopefully tomorrow!

Like I said before, we're lucky as hell to have a shop like yours in our area!

Thanks again!
Old 06-19-2009, 10:47 PM
TECH Fanatic

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

What was the problem - getting your new auto working right? Or did you change your engine combo.
Old 06-20-2009, 09:59 AM
TECH Addict

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by massls1guy
What was the problem - getting your new auto working right? Or did you change your engine combo.
The A4's load actually changed things enough that some engine tuning was needed. I think Don's new dyno made it easy for him to see there was a knock issue while under load at a certain RPM. He went right in with EFI live and fixed that problem. He also changed some stuff in the tune so it won't stall coming out of the water box (I hate when that happens!). And he turned off some codes associated with the M6-A4 swap (clutch pedal switch, 1-4 shift block out shift solenoid). He also welded in some BMR SFCs.

The shifting tune was done by yours truly using a Compushift controller. For racing, the shift points were looking good during the 1/4 mile simulation. The converter (SS4000) was doing a good job of keeping the rpm in the sweet spot after upshifts.

The car did 11.25@116.06 on the 1/4 simulation, but all I'm looking for is to run in the 11.5 bracket. Actually, I think Don said to expect around 11.6 at the track, weather depending. I have some easy weight I can take off if need be.

It was my first trip to the new shop. Very nice! And that new dyno is a great tuning tool in the hands of someone like Don. It's a great place to have work done. Don spent a good amount of time on the car and he didn't even charge much$. I left with the car running like a top, a nice Slowhawk Performance t-shirt and sticker, and a big smile.

Search this Thread