Eastern Members CT, DE, NH, NJ, NY, MA, ME, MD, PA, RI, VT, VA, WV

CT Emissions question

Search this Thread

Old 07-12-2009, 06:18 AM
TECH Enthusiast

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Unhappy CT Emissions question

About a month ago I replaced my battery. Although the weather has been pretty lousy, I'm pretty sure that I've driven 50+ miles since then. However... when I went for the emission test on Friday, he told me that 2 banks registered "not ready for testing" (thank God he did not put it on the sniffer). I'm going to put another 100 miles on it this weekend. My question... is there any other reason, besides lack of "drive cycles" that would indicate a "not ready for testing" mode?

By the way, the car has had some modifications, that required some tuning.

Thanks, Jim
Old 07-12-2009, 06:53 AM
TECH Resident

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I'm pretty sure I saw somewhere on LS1Tech a thread that explained exactly how to drive the car to allow it to perform all it's checks, it involved accelerating to certain speeds at certain throttle positions, decelerating from certain speeds, reaching certain coolant temps etc, it was pretty involved. I wouldn't be surprised if you didn't meet all these conditions in 50 miles of driving. If you do a search you might be able to pull the info up.

I don't think any mechanical problems would cause a not ready condition, like not having cats for example, it would most likely set a code instead.