Eastern Members CT, DE, NH, NJ, NY, MA, ME, MD, PA, RI, VT, VA, WV

Recommended Mechanic shop in or near Richmond Va?

Search this Thread

Old 02-14-2010, 03:30 PM
12 Second Club

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Recommended Mechanic shop in or near Richmond Va?

After my trans and stall install I've been having a vibration issue. Im looking for a shop that can go over my driveshaft, stall and flexplate. I think one or all of them are off balanced. The flexplate is a cat and the stall is the one that comes with the performabuilt trans and the driveshaft is the stock one. I can feel the whole car vibrating when I get up to about 65-70.......really bad anything above that. What would be a price estimate to check the balance of everything
Old 02-15-2010, 07:02 AM
LS1TECH Sponsor

Not sure where you are in relation to VA Speed but they are real good guys there.
Old 02-15-2010, 09:24 AM
Banned

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Originally Posted by mikey
Not sure where you are in relation to VA Speed but they are real good guys there.
Thanks for the Ref Mikey!!

Originally Posted by boola1341
After my trans and stall install I've been having a vibration issue. Im looking for a shop that can go over my driveshaft, stall and flexplate. I think one or all of them are off balanced. The flexplate is a cat and the stall is the one that comes with the performabuilt trans and the driveshaft is the stock one. I can feel the whole car vibrating when I get up to about 65-70.......really bad anything above that. What would be a price estimate to check the balance of everything
If it doesn't vibrate with RPM, but it does with MPH, it's driveshaft back (or tires). Rev it in neutral and see if it does it.
Old 02-15-2010, 08:14 PM
12 Second Club

I'll try that in the morning. If it does vibrate in neutral do you think it could be the stall or flexplate?
Old 02-16-2010, 10:44 AM
Banned

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Originally Posted by boola1341
I'll try that in the morning. If it does vibrate in neutral do you think it could be the stall or flexplate?
Could be, yes.
Old 02-23-2010, 04:53 PM
TECH Resident

I would check out Performance Auto Sport. They are Highly recommended in this area and they work on Mustangs/F-Body's and Corvettes and in Richmond.